Sobie's Junkyard Tech! - Episode 1: Installing Lumbar Support in your buckets!

-

sobiecam

College Student
Reaction score
Well guys and gals, I had to get a seat today from the junkyard for my boss' new project today just for the tracks and he gave me what was left of the seats when I was done with the whole project. The seats had a sweet adjustable lumbar support setup in them so I decided they'd go sweet in the Dart, so I'm starting a series of tech articles for the other FABO'ers that are trying to do their projects on the cheap like I am! First I plan to instal the lumbar support and then rob the seat foam from the Blazer of it's bolsters and install them on the Darts' seats too!

Pictures and installation to follow!

Okay, to start you're going to want to yank your seats (duh) and along with that get your donor seats, which will come from a 1990s-2000's Blazer, before I get any grief about using GM parts, I got one donor seat for free so I'm going to run with them!

After you get your seats (blazer, jimmy, or bravada seats should work) you'll want to completely gut them, show no mercy on the covers! but try not to destroy the seat foam, we'll have a use for that later!

Here's a pic of the donor seat frame on the Dart seat, originally I wanted to just bolt a cut down blazer frame inside of the high-back but instead it looks like there will be welding involved.

ay3erq.jpg

-
Back