Sobie's New baby!

-

sobiecam

College Student
Reaction score
Well Guys..... I have a fourth child now, got her in September!

She's a 1969 Plymouth Satellite Station Wagon!!!

Have aaaalllll the original pieces to this one!

The story:
Sitting at the Holiday Inn with some local friends, including Gayle Orr (the previous owner, and the owner of the Satellite 'Vert that went to SEMA and was on the cover of Mopar Muscle a few years back) shootin' the breeze. I brought up to Gayle when she was gonna sell me their Satellite Wagon that I had yet to see (just me wanting another car) and out of nowhere a black Satellite rolls up, it's a wagon and just BEAUTIFUL! We all marvel over it for a while and then enjoy the rest of the Nat's weekend.

Fast-forward a couple of weeks:
I'd been continuously talking to Gayle about getting the car, which surprised her because she thought I was joking. I went out to take a look at the car and it was love at first sight!

Under the hood is the original 318, with a 904 on the column, light/dark blue two tone interior, jump seat out back, B5 exterior with lower body trim, and some granny-style hubcaps with whitewall tires.

I brought her home not long afterwards and gave her a bath, and right now the interior is yanked out, I'm hacking out the mostly gone drivers side floorboard and patching up the frame on her, that was the only real ugly part besides the 6" bondo on the lower quarter, drivers side...

The lil 318 fired up for us right after we gave her some gas to the carb and ran until we ran out of fuel!

Anyways, here are some pics!

The last one is my desktop background now lol, more pics to come as progress continues

and uh.... don't ask about the dart :|

Attachments

• 4122e4j_20.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 33219d1_20.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 5791n26_20.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 296
  • 1333han_20.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 50624ii_20.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 9034jng_20.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 5012i2f_20.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 300
Sweet I can see why it was love at first site. Great Wagon

Cool wagon!! Are you keeping it stock or going this route?

Attachments

• 69 Bee wagon.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 257
my neighbor went to a auction and bought a 69 that had 40,000 miles on it but no title very good shape for 500.00 i should have out bid him lol. enjoy your new wagon.

4spdcuda66! I saw that wagon at the nats! thanks to it and another black satellite wagon, I decided to buy mine, right now I'm sitting in the garage making a patch for the T at the torsion suport and the front crossmember.

right now all I've really done to her is put the headlight bezels back on, new shocks, new valve covers and gaskets (old ones were bleeding like a civ), yanked the interior, and cut out a bit of cancer from the drivers side floorboard to access the frame.

The plan right now is to just get her back on the road, change the interior to Saddle Tan, and eventually add a 18 spline "Hemi" four speed to it (which is sitting next to it as we speak) I have a four barrel and Eddlebrock Performer RPM ready to go when the two barrel goes out.

Well fellahs, looks like she should be on the road in spring, redoing the brakes right now by rebuilding the original Bendix four-piston calipers, rotors resurfaced, new pads, and new lines in the front. Rear will have resurfaced drums, new wheel cylinders and hardware, new shoes and new lines too. So far I've found that everything I've added on the car has been made in America, from the parts box mopar ECU for the electronic ignition conversion, the NAPA voltage reg, valve covers, etc. Not sure if FRAM filters are made in the USA but if they are that too! even the bearings I pulled from the rotors were US made and they looked DAMN good! Nothin' like quality-built US parts.

Comparing the wagon to my Mexico-built Acclaim is like comparing gold to sand, the wagon runs good, with little to no vibration, everything on the car is cherry for being 42 years old, whereas my Acclaim is a little more rusty and vibrates like a...
I can't complain about the Acclaim though, she's also a great car!

More pics soon after I get some more progress!

I tell ya Cliff, (I'm sitting in the shop right now, feeling accomplished that I have ONE of the wires for the electronic ignition done) it's a ball to start her up and hear her purr, she's a little rough around the edges I'll admit, but it was love at first sight.... Texting the girlfriend and I think she's jealous of the wagon.... The wagon needs a name! any ideas?

I tell ya Cliff, (I'm sitting in the shop right now, feeling accomplished that I have ONE of the wires for the electronic ignition done) it's a ball to start her up and hear her purr, she's a little rough around the edges I'll admit, but it was love at first sight.... Texting the girlfriend and I think she's jealous of the wagon.... The wagon needs a name! any ideas?

What are your plans for it?

Phase 1 is to get her on the road, I have to replace the front drivers side floorboard, along with patch up ALOT of the frame around there, patch up about half of the torsion suport, fix the rear springs (well, replace) patch up some frame and floor back there, The seat covers and carpet were shot so they need replaced, going to saddle tan there. The rest is just service stuff like fluids (mostly done now), shocks (put new fronts on last weekend), and brakes, which with the special calipers is costing me a s***-ton. After that it's all crusing!

Phase 2 is to pull her apart, which will be after college, and paint her midnight blue metallic... after that I may or may not go to 4bbl induction and headers with duals. The engine just runs so damn good that I'd hate to tear it down!

Phase 1 is to get her on the road, I have to replace the front drivers side floorboard, along with patch up ALOT of the frame around there, patch up about half of the torsion suport, fix the rear springs (well, replace) patch up some frame and floor back there, The seat covers and carpet were shot so they need replaced, going to saddle tan there. The rest is just service stuff like fluids (mostly done now), shocks (put new fronts on last weekend), and brakes, which with the special calipers is costing me a s***-ton. After that it's all crusing!

Phase 2 is to pull her apart, which will be after college, and paint her midnight blue metallic... after that I may or may not go to 4bbl induction and headers with duals. The engine just runs so damn good that I'd hate to tear it down!

Patches for now when it's finished Midnight Special

Random pictures of the Satellite and the tat I got for my 18th birthday.. to explain the pic of the tire skid:

My dad said that there was NO WAY that the wagon would turn it's tires. I decided to find out who was right. Needless to say I was, the 9 1/4 with 2.76's churned a little turning of the right tire (non SureGrip) with no brake-torque, and a hesitation from the engine.. I think the accelerator pump is going out. Anyways, enjoy the car-**** and i'll try to grab some more tomorrow

Attachments

• CIMG0020.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 171
  • CIMG0021.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG0029.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 181
  • CIMG0035.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 141
  • CIMG0031.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 178
I did a bad thing guys.... got another car!

Got a call the other day from an old family friend saying they had a 1974 Charger that they had to get rid of! Long story short I got a 74 SE, original 360 console, air car.... FOR FREE

None of my projects seem to be getting anywhere lately, wagon is still on stands waiting for me to rebuild the calipers, the Dak's engine is still apart, the Acclaim is still waiting for me to make a patch-panel for it's quarter, and now the Charger is sitting outside waiting to get looked over real good.

I did a bad thing guys.... got another car!

Got a call the other day from an old family friend saying they had a 1974 Charger that they had to get rid of! Long story short I got a 74 SE, original 360 console, air car.... FOR FREE

None of my projects seem to be getting anywhere lately, wagon is still on stands waiting for me to rebuild the calipers, the Dak's engine is still apart, the Acclaim is still waiting for me to make a patch-panel for it's quarter, and now the Charger is sitting outside waiting to get looked over real good.

Dude I hate you for 5 minutes LOL Congrats on the new addition

How can I blame you lol, the only body work it needs is a drivers side lower quarter, belly is in good shape and overal in great shape... not bad for a car that sat in a woods for 18ish years

How can I blame you lol, the only body work it needs is a drivers side lower quarter, belly is in good shape and overal in great shape... not bad for a car that sat in a woods for 18ish years

You got to take pictures. I'll give you a $1.00 for it.LOL

PC010028.jpg

PC010027.jpg

PC010023.jpg

photobucket works too lol

actually found the other half of the grille in the car along with three sets of upper door panels, another set of lower fronts, and another set of upper rears... not to mention some kick-*** old school (80's i think) direct connection big block valve covers.... oddly we have the last two engines that were in this car in storage

Wow that Charger is in amazing shape. Great score. Why can't I get that lucky?

-
Back