Sodablasting good/bad expensive?

-

loyal0ne

Reaction score
looking to have the 72 Duster exterior completely sodablasted. What will ballpark figures look like? good/bad to do this?

The cost is probably all over the map depending on where you live. I was quoted $600 to walnut blast my 48 truck cab quite a while back, just the cab so where I am about $2000 for a complete vehicle, or more. It may be way less where you are though? I would assume it's the labour charge that makes the difference not the media.

aprox $700 in Houston ...entire exterior of car plus trunk and engine bay

$1000 near me in Socal. exterior and engine bay

I had my 67 Chevelle media blased and it was $650.00 around the Houston area!I have seen cars acid dipped and soda blasted also.The soda blasting looks to leave a lot of cleanup,although when my chevelle was blasted I didn't think I was ever going to get all the media blast out of all the hidden crevices. Regardless of what way you go you need to look at a metal prep after the process to keep the rust away.I used a gallon of some metal prep that worked really good,don't remember the name it was a few years back. Just be prepared to do a lot of residual cleanup after the blastin process. But stripping a vehicle down to bare metal is the only way to get a really nice finish on a restore in my book.If I ever do a complete frame off on a car again I will definately have it stripped down to bare metal. It cost a little more but the final outcome is what is great. On the cost of stripping one I think it depends on the stripping process,enviromental issues of the state etc.

-
Back