soft 60' times

-

like_A_pike

that's not factory
Reaction score
Congrats! 60' looked pretty soft if i read that slip right?

yes sir; I will blame the pit crew and driver for consistently soft 60 footers.

In the past my local track would allow everything and anything out there for test and tune. I've seen cars dripping water from the A/C at the tree and on several occasions pickups would shake half a ton of dirt loose when they launched. I know that I have issues with tuning, chassis, tire pressure, launch rpm, and burn out duration, but when the track condition changes between every run, it's impossible to learn what the heck i'm doing wrong.

Track management has changed a few times in as many years. Last Friday they announced something notably different; they opened up test and tune for vehicles with drag radials or slicks only. There were only a few of us street cars out there and it was a lot more fun.

ATT00014.gif

Glad to see the track is maybe moving to a more professional deal. Hope it holds, trying to deal with that is to mind nerving.

I will purposefully line up out of the groove when it gets BAD! There is some traction out there sometimes. The more I watch slo-mo of my car. The more I see it starts to spin as tire goes over an irregularity on the line. A difference in color, any imperfection in the surface. So even though the compound is not fresh out there, if its consistent? I’ll give it a shot. It does feel “brittle” out there. Thats the best word I could come up with.

I am just out there having fun really, and off the gas the moment that I realize Im not sticking it. When the real drivers are having close calls, i often called it a night. Last Friday went well for everyone I saw run.

I will have to have someone record my launches if this continues.

-
Back