Solid flat tappet thoughts on this one.

-

Woodie

Take-off EH!
Reaction score
Thoughts on this cam for a 408. 4.10 gears 4-speed and lots of compression. 242/246 @.050 108 LSA. .602/.614 lift.
I have the cam brand new. It was a freebee:)

Not knowing rest of combination it's a lot like shooting in the dark as to what to say.............then the other side of me says jam it in there and start making smoke!!! It was free!!!! Don't over think it!!!!

Is that a Howards grind? That's a lot of lift for the given duration.......nothin wrong with that. I like it. Run heck out of it.

Given the sheer number of flat lobes I've seen and heard about lately, and the magnificent lobes possible with roller cams, I'd say that cam is worth what you paid for it, to you, and worth more to somebody with lower standards than you.

If I was you, but I ain't.

That thing will never work. The LSA is all wrong.

You should have done a search on here. It's a proven fact that LSA is junk.

Given the sheer number of flat lobes I've seen and heard about lately, and the magnificent lobes possible with roller cams, I'd say that cam is worth what you paid for it, to you, and worth more to somebody with lower standards than you.

If I was you, but I ain't.

99% of cam failure is owner induced.

You can't fix the owner.

I should mention that I picked up a set of EDM lifters from Comp. The shaft was free as mentioned.. I love mechanical cams and have yet to have one go flat. Checking lash and having a coffee are my idea of relaxing in the garage. Just wonderd what the opinions are on this shafty.

Even a roller cam isn't owner proof.

So are you saying you can make a roller cam live, but not a flat tappet? If you can't make a FT live that's on you.

There's more than a few pro engine builders that have had cams go flat through the years.

I'll pray to the Gods of Speed that you come to terms with Roller Envy someday. This prayer involves not worrying about oil additive packages and swapping lifters around every time an intake is pulled, just because you can.

Next time I make an omelet I'll save the egg container so you can keep your lifters organized. Until then, PEACE.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's more than a few pro engine builders that have had cams go flat through the years.

I'll pray to the Gods of Speed that you come to terms with Roller Envy someday. This prayer involves not worrying about oil additive packages and swapping lifters around every time an intake is pulled, just because you can.

Next time I make an omelet I'll save the egg container so you can keep your lifters organized. Until then, PEACE.
I don't think that is very funny, bro. It's one thing to tell a joke, but come on, man...

Both types have their own considerable considerations and people tend to go with what they feel comfortable with...

That won't work unless he has a 6 cylinder. They only have a dozen lifters!

Yes, cams go flat. Roller lifters FAIL.

Thoughts on this cam for a 408. 4.10 gears 4-speed and lots of compression. 242/246 @.050 108 LSA. .602/.614 lift.
I have the cam brand new. It was a freebee:)
Ported heads?
I think it'll be a real good street cam for sure.

LOL God damn. That's one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while. Thanks for the Laugh!!! :rofl:

LOL God damn. That's one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while. Thanks for the Laugh!!! :rofl:

Is it funny or just stupid? You have a guy who can't use a common part that has been around for about a century, and had the government not intervened, would still be OE on most passenger cars.
So, the answer is, it's a stupid post.

*I think* the heads will not handle the lift, as per Edelbrock.

-
Back