Solid motor mounts for slant/6

-

Mister Twister

Reaction score
Done with breaking the rubber mounts, don't want a chain hanging any more. These we made for the 72 TwIsTeR 225. These are made of 3/16" solid steel, fully welded direct replacement motor mounts. This set was made for testing so they do not have a sale finish just 50 passes in the quarter mile and burnout pit. We will sell these and offer them powder coated in any color or chrome!!! Thanks for some input on this (new) product
for the slant Don.
towermisc%20012.JPG

towermisc%20011.JPG

Why not just weld two flat plates to the rubber mount that tie the top and bottom together(one on each side) and be done with it??? Makes it solid and would be a lot easier to make and anyone can do that in their garage in about 15 mins.

Just saying.....

Adjustable solid mounts with shims/plates would be cool. You could correct/adjust side to side and front to rear angles.

Why not just weld two flat plates to the rubber mount that tie the top and bottom together(one on each side) and be done with it??? Makes it solid and would be a lot easier to make and anyone can do that in their garage in about 15 mins.

Just saying.....
I dont think the rubber would work, being dipped in chrome or sprayed with powder coating.

I have had powder coated sprayed on plenty of my car parts that have rubber in them. Works fine. Rubber will not melt below 800 degrees. Powder only gets to 350-400.

Who needs a chrome solid motor mount for a slant 6???? Seriously??

Me and anyone who wants to dress up the engine compartment. Or an, all out slant racer!!! Have a good night slantsixnes.

-
Back