[FOR SALE] Solid State Rallye Gauge Instrument Voltage Regulators (IVR)

-

67fish383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
I have had a few requests for these lately, so I have ordered a new supply of parts and will be happy to build you one if you need it. The original ad is closed, but rather than reconstruct it, you can find all you need to know by clicking here: [FOR SALE] - Solid State Rallye Gauge Instrument Voltage Regulators (IVR).

I have built and shipped (at cost) dozens and dozens of these all over the place without one report of trouble from the field (knock wood). I don't do this for profit. I am just trying to help out the A Body community if I can. These Mopar dash designs can be a challenge for sure. Hit me up if you'd like one (and a spare isn't a bad idea - cheap insurance). $25 shipped inside the continental US ($20 each for the part(s) and $5 for USPS Ground Advantage). No extra shipping charge for multiples (within reason). Please understand that the shipping-included price only applies to the lower 48. We can adjust a bit as needed for those outside the contiguous US or abroad.

Please add a comment below if you have questions, or if you've used one of mine before and are willing to share your experience. Thanks.

IMG_8722.JPG

Last edited:
These sound like a great idea and a nice improvement! Biggest question I have, and it may help others, is will this work in an E body Rallye Dash as well? Thanks for making these!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These sound like a great idea and a nice improvement! Biggest question I have, and it may help others, is will this work in an E body Rallye Dash as well? Thanks for making these!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks for the great question, JD. Unfortunately I can't give a 100% positive answer, because I've never had the luxury of owning an E body (not sure which emoji to use here, too much upfront investment for my means, lol).

What I can say for sure is that these are pretty easily adaptable to any application that requires ~5Vdc to feed the gauges. If you wanted to replace the "plug-in style" IVR that the A body standard clusters use, you certainly could. My simple design only needs a 12Vdc input and a ground, and it outputs a rock-steady 5Vdc. The only variation from a rallye cluster installation would be how you get those signals into the IVR and then out of it to the gauges. In the example of the A body standard cluster, that would amount to using blade connectors to interface with where the old plug-in style plugged in, instead of the ring terminals you'd use to connect the IVR to the rallye gauge terminal posts. It would actually be a simpler installation, because you would not have to mess with modifying the rallye fuel gauge.

My best guess is that Mopar still had reduced voltage-fed gauges in the E bodies, so I would be shocked if mine would not work. Maybe someone else on FABO has that knowledge and can confirm or deny.

Thanks

Thanks for the great answer! I only have the 2 Challengers I have because I'm old and bought them back when they were just cars. My 70 A66 Challenger, I've owned since 79 and the 71, I've owned since 89. I'll dig out a spare cluster and look to see how the 5v reducer works on those. I may hit you up for a few here sometime soon.

:thumbsup:

The sweatshop earned it's name this morning. It is hot as hell here in Michigan, but it is probably also that wherever you are this week.
Shipping today: @LuckyJackson's 3 pack and a single to James Mancusi via Facebook. I have plenty more components on hand if anyone else would like to keep me working the early morning shift before heading in to my real job. I hope everyone to which this applies had a Happy Father's Day and Happy Monday to all. Cheers.

IMG_1318.jpg
IMG_1319.jpg

Last edited:
Hot off the presses (and I mean it's HOT here in the sweatshop this morning) and shipping today are a two-fer to @Demonx2 and a single being gifted to one of my bestest Mopar bros, Dave in Kentucky who is almost at the finish line with his '69 Barracuda fastback that he has taken back from a racecar to a streetcar, swapped the column shift automatic to a 4-speed, and even put a shaker hood on it. Impressive and it's a beaut. It has been a long, long road for him trying to complete his project all the while being "retired" and still working overtime doing contracting. And by contracting I mean building back-breaking and amazing stuff himself, not just delegating work. Congrats Dave*!
*actually, Congrats Dave is also a two-fer, because Demonx2 is also a Dave, and a really cool guy that bought two of my IVRs - one for his Demon (obvy), but also one for his '69 Charger! I could not be more geeked about one of mine going into a C-H-A-R-G-E-R, the first that I know of. Don't get me wrong, I am A bodies forever, but c'mon, a second gen Charger is one of the pinnacles.

IMG_1335.jpg

Shipping today (Post Office closed yesterday): @Demonx2 and @63valiant.
If anyone out there is still kicking around getting one of these before I close the sweatshop for a bit, PM me.

There is information about how to utilize my IVR in this article: Project Notes from a Rallye Dash Overhaul including Gauges, LED Lighting Upgrade, & RetroSound Stereo Installation in a '71 Duster 340 4-speed AC car. While intended primarily for updating a rallye dash, they are easily adaptable to any Mopar application that requires a reduced (~5Vdc) gauge power feed, which is pretty much all of them.

I can also email anyone who would like all the information you could possibly need a PDF of the printed instructions I include with my IVRs. Just PM me your email address.

Have a good Friday-eve everyone.
:thumbsup:

On second thought, to make things even easier, here are pics of the instruction doc...

Page 01.JPG

Page 02.JPG

Page 03.JPG

Page 04.JPG

Page 05.JPG

Page 06.JPG

Last edited:
LAST CALL to get these while I am still actively building solid-state IVRs. I plan to hang up the soldering iron for a bit after this weekend. That is not to say that you won't still be able to request what you need via PM, I just won't have any built. Have a good weekend all.
IMG_0824.jpg

-
Back