Some Clutch-Flite Info!

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Check out these cool ads from my 1971 B&M Catalog. Let's you know how it works.

View attachment 1715333920

fullsizeoutput_4df9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4dfb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4df7.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to lust after one of these, but they seemingly are a really poor setup for anything but 1/4 mile, and now that we have "better converters" not even that. And then there are lencos

I've often wondered if you couldn't get rid of the pump drive by tapping an electric or belt drive external pump into the transmission to provide ATF pressure.

I always wanted one of those setups to play around with.

I always wanted one of those setups to play around with.

I was walking a swap meet last summer and a guy had three of them for sale and that's all he brought to the swap meet. One was complete and the other two needed parts and pieces. I can't remember the prices he was asking but it was over $1000.

FWIW, Some Clutch-Flite setup info is also at the end of the auto trans section in the MP Chassis Manual.

So I guess some were internally pumped, and some were P/S pumped....The article I read was P/S pumped but I now see you can use the stocker. I thought (there I go again) that if the trans was static at idle with clutch engaged, there was no rotation being sent to the trans so no internal pumping action to energize the clutch packs or pistons. Would a trans brake do the same nowadays?

I ran a set up like this in a 340 alcohol fed Sand/Mud drag truck back in 1978. When I get back home I'll post a picture of the truck.

-
Back