Some FABO members just won't listen!!!!!

-
I truly wish there were more places, and people, like this one here.

I also wish I could "import" the good people here "elsewhere", as on another forum I frequent I saw a "want ad" for a certain part I happen to have. The post made it sound like the OP was desperate, and needed it to complete his project (y'all know the drill). I shot him a PM, we chatted a bit, and long story short- he paid for the shipping, but I gave him the part. I mean, why not? He seemed like a decent enough guy, and I had 2 of them....

Just this morning another member of that same forum shot me a PM with a link. Guess who's part (ex-part, that is) is now listed on eBay?

This thread is just another example of why this place is so special.

I also wish I could "import" the good people here "elsewhere", as on another forum I frequent I saw a "want ad" for a certain part I happen to have. The post made it sound like the OP was desperate, and needed it to complete his project (y'all know the drill). I shot him a PM, we chatted a bit, and long story short- he paid for the shipping, but I gave him the part. I mean, why not? He seemed like a decent enough guy, and I had 2 of them....

Just this morning another member of that same forum shot me a PM with a link. Guess who's part (ex-part, that is) is now listed on eBay?

That’s messed up, posting a wtb to just to list it on fleebay.
It’s tempting to buy it then report that it’s not as advertised and get the money back. But that would be stooping to his level, wouldn’t it?
He’ll get what’s due hopefully.

Last edited:
That’s messed up, posting a wtb to just list it on fleebay.
It’s tempting to buy it then report that it’s not as advertised and get the money back. But that would be stooping to his level, wouldn’t it?
He’ll get what’s due hopefully.
I guess it's not the first time this has happened with this guy, and I just happened to be his latest fool.

Regardless, the part wasn't all that valuable, relatively speaking, so I'm not too worked up about it.

But I do believe that Karma exists, and it affects us in this Life as well as the next, so....

Just when you think you've heard of all the different ways of scamming people, another way shows up!! WOW!
I'm speechless

I wish he would have given them to you before I waited in line for you to find out about the new ones from Indy Cylinder Head at the Indianapolis swap...LOL (short rant)

I wish he would have given them to you before I waited in line for you to find out about the new ones from Indy Cylinder Head at the Indianapolis swap...LOL (short rant)
Your a trooper Jeff and I appreciate your line waiting!

1711372921935.gif

Your a trooper Jeff and I appreciate your line waiting!
As you know I'm just ribbing you. When I first came on board a guy was looking for a 65 Barracuda fresh air box door. I sent him one for free after I repaired the hinge joint, stripped the old paint and put primer on it. I had a few at the time no big deal. I did ask for pics of the restoration as it progressed and never heard a word from him. Now I realize how hard they can be to find I should have kept it. Then I need a front seat for my 67 Barracuda...and this young man Hot Rod Colt drove 2 hours to meet me rather than making me do the whole distance. SO YOU JUST NEVER KNOW...But thanks again Hotrodcolt!

-
Back