some news from lebanon valley dragway

-

turbodart

Reaction score
hi all, been awhile since i was here, but i know some of you from other sites. if you race at lebanon valley, you no doubt heard the rumors flying about the new leasee of the track. a friend of mine just sent me an email that there is finally something posted on the site. still, we really cant say what the true outcommings for the year will be, but at least its something for now.

--chad

http://www.dragway.com/pagekeep/lvdnews_002.htm

TO ALL LVD RACERS AND FANS

It’s true the business has been sold.
The new owner has 13 years experience, at Long Island Dragwayhis brother in law will be the general manager, he has raced all over the country at NHRA races including, LEBANON.

There is no sense in hashing through why LI Dragway closed, its simple the town ran them out. If you haven’t heard all the complaints on some race forums? Do yourself a favor and don’t listen.
You can be assured of the following:
The ground crew is coming back as well as Tim Raferty.
Directly from Tim Barletta to the racers >
The winner’s purses are being paid by the BARLETTA’S before our drivers meeting some time late January.
New management will spring for the trophies.
Also everyone will be informed when the drivers meeting will occur because there well be a food spread. Some drinks and fun at NO charge, also if BOB LANG can make he would like to be there.
Nothing much will change:
There will be NO increases in any entry fees.
All classes will remain the same as well as the weekly payouts.
The track will of course participate in the D 1 bracket finals.
THE LUCAS OIL RACE IS ON the 2005 NHRA schedule as well as the National Open, the new owners will have to upgrade some of the timing equipment as part of improvements required by the Division One Office.
THE SEASON SCHEDULE while remaining the same will try to resemble the old one of 93-94 with big bracket $$$ races. Also many other events will remain.
From Jim Knights
I will do my best to update the website and to make it as informative as possible as well as continuing to be the track photographer.

IF ANY ONE has any questions? Please feel free to continue to E mail me.

We'll just have to wait and see what happends. Hope he doesnt ruin it.

-
Back