Some people at Car shows

-
Took my Demon out for a drive today and stopped at the newstand to get that Hemmings Muscle Car mag that has the article about Hemi Denny and 62BT409's EL5 Demon in it and a guy asked me if my car had a 3/4 or full cam in it? What the hell does that mean? Is that a Chevy term or what?
I should have told him it didn't have any cam at all.

Old lady pulled up beside me at a stoplight and asked "Is that a Pontiac?"
I said, "No it's a Dodge"

In all fairness though, I have ZERO emblems on it right now, and except for the rear window, it does look like it could be a Pontiac I guess.

Took my Demon out for a drive today and stopped at the newstand to get that Hemmings Muscle Car mag that has the article about Hemi Denny and 62BT409's EL5 Demon in it and a guy asked me if my car had a 3/4 or full cam in it? What the hell does that mean? Is that a Chevy term or what?
I should have told him it didn't have any cam at all.

I believe he was asking if it was a smallblock cam, or one for a 3.9, since they're 3/4 of a smallblock, lol. Actually, this is terminology leftover from hot rodding's earliest days, when there were very few profiles for aftermarket cams. Full race, 3/4 race, etc. Guessing this guy's been outta circulation awhile.

.....I had a guy kick my sidepipes while stating he didn't like them...I can deal with the brand confusion but I am getting tired of someone looking at you car and stating in a loud voice about any inperfections..most of us have other parts of our life to pay for like mortagages..

people are just insecure, but you shoulda kicked his sidepipes! for some reason a concert pianist joined bootcamp with me and around graduation played some amazing 9 minute song for the locals and the base - and an older lady told him you can't get them all right in regards to the 6 missed keys he played after he sat back down - 9 minutes from memory! J E A L O U S Y my chevy buddy, who is not ignorant thought my volare was a nova, only one person knew what it was in town and was rightfully wondering how it still was around

This happened to me the other day... I pulled up at our local country store in the neighborhood driving my 1993 Intrepid and my friend that drives a Dodge truck asked where did I get that early model Intrepid from. I told him I had for years, but don't drive it very much. Then another guy shows up driving a chevy truck and says he likes the old Impala and that type of body style for a Impala and I tell him thanks. But my friend just couldn't resist and just smiles at me, then ask how long have I had the Intrepid and the other guy says but that's a Impala. Well needless to say, we showed him the Dodge Ram badge on the hood and the Intrepid between the taillights. Then he ask can I see the Hemi, so we show him the 3.5L and he see's the 3.5 badge on the engine and says nice 3.5 Hemi lmao. And says bet that will really smoke the rear tires off. I just didn't have the heart to tell him its front wheel drive. Good thing Dodge didn't put the motor sideways or no telling what he would have said when he seen that lol.
Well the guy finally walks into the store and my buddy being a smart butt asks where can I get a Hemi like in your Impala for my Dodge truck... was that a special order motor? lol We never laughed so hard after that one.

-
Back