Some people just don't get it!

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This was in dear Abby today...

PXL_20221018_125327119.jpg

What, she would be happy if he was a sports addict?

Hell he could be out running around with hookers! (And I don't mean headers)

Perhaps if she put a little effort into getting to know her husband's hobby she might find some joy in it.

Heck they could even travel to car show events all over the world.

I like Abby's advise even if she said we are a bunch of non intellectuals!

Spending time with my wife is a top priority of mine and I enjoy it. But even she tells me "Honey, please stick with your old car hobby. I can't have you on my a.. all the time when you retire" lol

Mine retired a month ago and is going back to work.

Last edited:
I would tell that wife " Honey I'm selling all my old cars and getting a new Harley and a young girlfriend with hug zoom zooms that likes to ride bikes, drink beer, eat burgers, and ******"!:rofl:
:steering:

Wait a minute is that my wife posting that...? :BangHead:

my latest is watching Starsky and Hutch reruns so I can watch the Striped Tomato sliding around corners and bouncing off curbs... :lol:

I know it's not my wife. She knows I have other interests too and she actually likes driving the 67 Fury wagon I bought for her.

My wife is interested in the old cars, just not as much as I am. Any time I mention anything about selling one or both, she disagrees, and says that she would rather I stay involved in the hobby, unless I can find something else that I am equally interested in.

My wife is interested in the old cars, just not as much as I am. Any time I mention anything about selling one or both, she disagrees, and says that she would rather I stay involved in the hobby, unless I can find something else that I am equally interested in.
Ditto

Well, my wife is into her Mustang so she's kinda a car girl LOL! She also had a 67 Mustang years ago and still talks about it sometimes...she's on her third one now. I have my Dart and my Fox Body so yeah we are car people . I still sniff around for cars and if I found a deal id pick up another...

I assume the Dear Abbey piece was a joke, if not that lady's husband is a A-hole
I guess it all depends what your priorities are in life.

Bottom line? That woman's probably not that great in bed. If she went the extra mile I am certain the husband would show more interest.

Can't be my wife, she'd have said at least something about "burgers and fries" as well.

After 20 years together, my wife still screams "hell yeah!!!" when I go WOT.

I guess I hit the lottery with my Southern girl :)

it might be a current newspaper but I have to wonder if that was a current Dear Abby column. Abigail Van Buren passed away a few years ago. the current writer is not the same mindset she doesn't think the way Abigail did.

Last edited:
You just need to find the right woman. Mine does not complain one bit about my many hobbys and how much time and money I spend on them. Some women want their man to be interested only in them. Only one person will be happy in a relationship like that.

Marriage is a women's insurance policy for old age. If she wants to cancel that policy and strike out on her own, fukkit let her.
Cheaper than boats or cocaine or boats and cocaine!

it might be a current newspaper but I have to wonder if that was a current Dear Abby column. Abigail Van Buren passed away a few years ago. the current writer is not the same mindset she doesn't think the way Abigail did.
Her daughter fell into that money maker.

As to the guy in the letter; there's having a hobby, and then there's this guy. At least the way his wife describes him, he's waaaaayyyy overboard.
But, as I always say when I hear about one-sided marriage issues, she (or sometimes he, but not often) should've addressed this years ago, if not before the wedding. If, of course the problem was visible then.

I can think of two marriages, just off the top of my head, where the wife has taken too much s***, and it's her fault for accepting it. The one woman was at a family gathering, and her husband called her from a pay phone (back in the day) and told her to come out and get in the car! He didn't even have the balls to come in!! I was tempted to go out instead!

But, I digress...

-
Back