Some people just shouldn't own a mopar

-
What's the point of having a cool toy if you don't play with it?
Excellent point. Drive it, scratch it, blow it up and rebuild it when it happens.
I was a nervous guy when I first started driving my Charger after it was "done". I had to convince myself that almost anything is repairable. After awhile, I started to ease up and just enjoy the car a whole lot more.

2 Chargers F dbm.jpg

Try being like THAT........
Or buy a ratty model and have a beauty and a beast.

Last edited:
In terms of the original vid in this thread: I won't sit in judgement of whether that guy should or shouldn't own a Mopar…

…but that guy should definitely own a new choke thermostat, a couple of wrenches, and a factory service manual.

I'm in the Burger king kind of mind.. have it your way.

Your car... drive it how you like... make it as you want it.

Cannot recount how many time's I've been told how one of my street rods "should" be equipped or driven.

Gassing up the Challenger last summer and a guy walks up and starts asking questions.. when I tell him it's an automatic he's cop's and major attitude "pfft... waste if it's not a 4 speed". I looked him dead in the eye and replied... "ur right.. I should just stuff an oily rag in the gas filler... lite it and walk away right??" he did not have much to offer after that... lol.

Did it in a 4 door 55 Belvedere 331, 3 on the tree, a 68 Charger 440, 727, on a sand beach more than once, 70 Duster 340 4 mutation, 70 New Yorker 440 727 8.75 donuts on the great divide Colorado Rockies at sunrise (5 year old daughter suggested it) and will a 75 Dart Sport first snow this year.

If ya can, enjoy it safely!!! Lighten up and relax, have a little fun, go ahead, it's OK...

:poke:whats a choke? Half a revolution and fires off everytime-cold, rainy, windy, wet. Do I need a choke?

I remember buried up to my axle on Datona beach 1977 with my 72 Demon right next to the $250 fine sign. Duh Luckily someone pulled me out in time.

At first I thought that was a pool of oil from that hose sitting on top of the hump!

Screenshot_20221219-075040.png

There is a 72 Challenger rolling around here that looks like that.

I'm glad this guy is out having fun with the car. The way things in this country and world are going, these cars will probably be outlawed in our lifetimes. Take them out, and beat them like step children!!!

Also, why are there so many nit-picking ninnies in the car hobby? Is is just a Mopar guy thing? Sheesh! Who in the hell are you to decide that someone shouldn't be able to own a certain classic car?

-
Back