some pics of my '74 duster project

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
MVC-002S2.jpg

currently looking for a body shop to finish the body and paint work for me.

MVC-003S.jpg

here is under the hood. lots of work has gone on under here. this will also be the color of the car when done.

-RPM

MVC-002S2.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

thanks for the nice words. Here is a pic. of the interior which is done, except for having the dash painted. Note the door panels had some custom stitching done.
MVC-004S2.jpg

MVC-004S2.jpg

Nice looking car. Wheels and tires look great, has a nice stance to it! Love the engine bay too!

Nice job

Lookin' good. Lots of nice detail work in the engine compartment. I'm sure the rest of the car will be just as nice when finished. Keep us posted on the progress.

Nice car :thumblef:

The engine compartment is looking good. Love the color choice :color:
Thinking about burnt orange for my Duster

Thanks for sharing the pictures

Looks great even in primer. I love those wheels. :thumblef:

ps- Are you keeping the bumper guards? I hate them on my '74, and I think you should as well. :mrgreen:

Hang10 said:
Looks great even in primer. I love those wheels. :thumblef:

ps- Are you keeping the bumper guards? I hate them on my '74, and I think you should as well. :mrgreen:
you pretty much said what i was gonna say :silent: hahah and ya i think primer looks good :thumblef:

Great looking so far.I am also about to get started on my 74 360 4 speed Duster.Just waiting for a couple of more parts to begin.I am changing the original dash for a rallye dash .I figure it will look a lot nicer even though it is more work.If anyone is looking for a rallye dash I have a spare one.

thanks all for the great comments! It helps one feel better about what they are trying to accomplish, which one can lose sight of.
Yes, the bumperettes are going to go away when I strip the car for body work. Here soon. She is down right now though, I am starting tear down for the new cam. will be up and running again shortly, then its body and paint time!

-RPM

UPDATE.
new cam is in and am in process of buttoning up the rest of the engine again.
Sealing up a stupid trans pan leak...hopefully.
Should be up and running again in 2 days I guess.
Crossing fingers i have found the magic combo for the car this time.

We will see!

then its off to the body shop for some coloring!

-RPM

This is turning out nice for you. I can't wait to see some color.
Can ya get a sneek peak from the body shop?

-
Back