Some rain related Dart questions

-

Al Bundy

four touchdowns!
Reaction score
We're supposed to be getting some rain here in the next few days and the wiper blades on my 1970 Dart are shot. I went to a couple of the auto parts stores and nobody seems to carry the correct Anco style I need. all they had are ugly modern replacements with the arm attached. does anyone here know a source for these blade refills?

P.S. I also am in need of a passenger side splash panel (with gaskets and bolts) for the 70 dart. its that metal piece that prevents dirt from being thrown into the door hinge area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was able to get some correct stuff at O Reilly's , just refills or the complete arm. it can be done. most stores don't want to fool with it. the store here keeps them in the back, but had to special order just the refills. I have seen just the refils at some NAPA stores too.

I was able to get some correct stuff at O Reilly's , just refills or the complete arm. it can be done. most stores don't want to fool with it. the store here keeps them in the back, but had to special order just the refills. I have seen just the refils at some NAPA stores too.

Thanks "Barbee",O'reillys was one of the places I went today and they did indeed act like they didn't want to mess with it which kind of surprised me. In fact the kid behind the counter basically told me I would just have to buy a complete modern arm because "That's just the way things are going these days".
Any chance you can give me the part number for the blade refills so I can return there armed with that knowledge? I also tried autozone and the girl working there told me "its too old,we don't carry that stuff".:???:

When that happened to me, I went to the nearest Checker/Schuck/O'Reilly/whatever and the guy told me I could cut down some refills they had (they had the right attachment width, etc., but didn't carry the shorties I needed) - borrowed some scissors, cut to fit, and voila - new wiper refills

Anyone have the Anco replacement numbers? there are bunch of different sellers on ebay selling them but I want to make sure I get the correct ones. Hopefully they are not so old the rubbers gotten dry,they claim to be new. I see them listed on ebay with different part numbers such as N-15r ,19-15,12-15,etc. All supposedly Anco branded.

Go to summit and search for a 15" Anco arm I believe. I bought all of mine from them.

NAPA sells refills used them plenty of times on older cars.

Back when I worked on a used car lot I always asked for URXX . UR being universal refill. XX being length. For my a-body coupe its UR15.

-
Back