Some TF-2 Questions

-

scott657

Reaction score
I am using the street setup for my A727 trans. I had 1 small check ball fall out.
There are only 2 places that ball could have come from. Location R or Location C
Based on any expertise and the way the plate and seperator are, which is the probable location. I am thinking "C" as there is an ever so tiny scuff in that location Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I believe trans is late 76
IMG_2456.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg
IMG_2458.jpg
IMG_2459.jpg
IMG_2460.jpg
IMG_2461.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg

The location "R" is a very common place to see a check ball. I generally leave it out. The only other places you see check balls are in the main body and they're real easy to spot

There may be small burnished spots (from each ball) in the channel casting floor. But, Its pretty obvious from just reading the instructions that if there is a hole there then there should be a ball. Two holes there, leave out the ball.

Tracey is right about the check-ball in position "R". This is probably more often in later VBs. What the check-ball does is reduce the orifice size that feeds the Low/Reverse Servo piston, enabling a more "gentle" application of the rear band when selecting manual low or reverse. I also leave this check-ball out due to the fact that when manual low or reverse is selected, the vehicle is more than likely stationary. The check-ball at position "C" reduces the orifice size that feeds the Forward Clutch, enabling a smooth shift into any forward range. I always replace this check-ball unless the vehicle has a very loose converter.
Cheers. Gaz

No ball in R
Ball in C
Thank you guys
All that is left is band adjustment
Pan and gasket.
Can’t wait to do another one

one last question, when putting on the high flow filter, on a later than 65 trans. do you use the gasket or not? or is it just in the kit as a template
Scan 22.jpeg

-
Back