some things I will not share the garage with

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
He wouldn't leave and started to get aggressive, so he met mister 45. Just under 4 ft. Had nine rattles.

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 391
this year is ridiculous that its already mid October and those guys are still around. I think we need a good frost already to get rid of them. :rolleyes:

still hitting high 80s and low 90s south of the springs, those guys should have been hibernating for a month already

A .22 in the head will work as well as a .45.

Imagine the wonderful sound of rattles in the air after chuckin a nice stick of dinamite in there!!

Several years ago, friends in ND were having problems with rattlers and livestock. The snakes hibernated in an abandoned prairie dog town, so they waited until hibernation time and then packed the hillside with dynamite. As told to me, "It looked like someone set off a firecracker in a bowl of spaghetti!"

It cured the snake problem for quite some time.

I was just in there doing some tinkering getting ready to mow the grass. When he started to rattle I didn't hear anything else, and I was rockin the radio. Chased him all over the garage, but just would not go out the door.

I was just in there doing some tinkering getting ready to mow the grass. When he started to rattle I didn't hear anything else, and I was rockin the radio. Chased him all over the garage, but just would not go out the door.

WOW.... Its a good thing you heard his rattle!

Some people would take a while deciding what to shoot it with..... ;)

Good shot placement on a moving target !!!

Grew up with those in San Antonio. Grandfather killed at least one a day on his place when he moved in-as many as twelve a day killed-almost all with his belt vice a gun.

Just about hate them save they eat rats & mice. Often they do not rattle at night when hunting. Grandmother and uncle bit, both of their leg's skin was sliced up and down due to the swelling. Venom contains hemo (blood) and neurotoxins. Near the Alamo was a cowboy shop with a stuffed rattle snake that grew large living off of a prairie dog town-over eight feet long (no kidding), very fat -as big as any constrictor you have ever seen up close.

Once I was building barb wire fence & steel fence posts for my grandfather at the front of the place, a long ways from any buildings, but along a heavy traffic road. When nature called, I grabbed the TP, went into the brush and looked REAL close at my chosen spot, nothing there.

Half way thru doing the do, and a tiny rattle went off beneath me, nearly between my legs. That **** went back inside me when I puckered up and jumped two feet straight up and away. Carl Lewis could not have caught me running away even though I sprinted away with my underwear and pants still around my ankles-faster than ****.

I Couldn't poop for over an hour afterwards. I did regain my dignity, grabbed a branch, and went back to kill the creature that put an image of venomous fangs sinking into my scrotum-but that little dude was scared gone too!

Grew up with those in San Antonio. Grandfather killed at least one a day on his place when he moved in-as many as twelve a day killed-almost all with his belt vice a gun.

Just about hate them save they eat rats & mice. Often they do not rattle at night when hunting. Grandmother and uncle bit, both of their leg's skin was sliced up and down due to the swelling. Venom contains hemo (blood) and neurotoxins. Near the Alamo was a cowboy shop with a stuffed rattle snake that grew large living off of a prairie dog town-over eight feet long (no kidding), very fat -as big as any constrictor you have ever seen up close.

Once I was building barb wire fence & steel fence posts for my grandfather at the front of the place, a long ways from any buildings, but along a heavy traffic road. When nature called, I grabbed the TP, went into the brush and looked REAL close at my chosen spot, nothing there.

Half way thru doing the do, and a tiny rattle went off beneath me, nearly between my legs. That **** went back inside me when I puckered up and jumped two feet straight up and away. Carl Lewis could not have caught me running away even though I sprinted away with my underwear and pants still around my ankles-faster than ****.

I Couldn't poop for over an hour afterwards. I did regain my dignity, grabbed a branch, and went back to kill the creature that put an image of venomous fangs sinking into my scrotum-but that little dude was scared gone too!

Kinda funny but NOT REALLY!

A good quality air rifle works just fine if you hit them in the head. That was my weapon of choice when I lived in an area with lots of copperheads.

Nine rattles! he could have had zero and I would have still killed him. I hate all snakes. Creepy criters they are. Glad he didnt get you.
Rod

Xs a million all I got is a .22 though .....he might laugh at me

Buy a box of bird shot for the .22 but don't use the shells unless you have to. The shot is kinda hard on the barrel.

Did you hear about when the Lone Ranger was trying to pee in the wild and a rattlesnake bit his private part?

He sends Tonto into town to look for a doctor. Tonto finds a doctor and the doctor tells him that he's busy delivering a baby, that he will have to make slits where the fangs bit in the skin, then suck out the poison...

Then Tonto rides back to the Lone Ranger and the ranger asks Tonto, "What did the doctor say?"

Tonto said, "The doctor said, you're gonna die... "

-
Back