'Someday' finally happened

-

zanefox

Reaction score
After three decades of wanting some sort of classic car or another, I was finally in a position to make that happen. Through an unlikely series of events, I am the proud owner of this 1963 Dodge Dart 270 Wagon. And perhaps inspired by one too many episodes of Vice Grip Garage, I then proceeded to drive this car 250 miles home--which it accomplished with minimal fuss. The only issue was when I learned that a quarter tank of gas means I've got no gas...

DartInDriveway.jpg

Welcome to FABO and what an adventure so far! Nice Longroof. Black with a red gut! Stunning. Needs a set of Cragar SS's. Have fun with it.

Welcome to FABO and what an adventure so far! Nice Longroof. Black with a red gut! Stunning. Needs a set of Cragar SS's. Have fun with it.
I'm currently thinking either red steelies with baby moons or dog dish caps, or (if I can find a set that fits) some old Western Wheel turbine style rims. (Edit: Slotted mags are also not out of the question.)
As for the fun...that's the plan. I'm going to upgrade the brakes, give it a little love where it needs it, and then take it on long road trips. Hopefully do Power Tour at some point.

OH! MAN! Very glad to hear that someday has happened to you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Nice looking ride. Looking forward to more pictures.

After three decades of wanting some sort of classic car or another, I was finally in a position to make that happen. Through an unlikely series of events, I am the proud owner of this 1963 Dodge Dart 270 Wagon. And perhaps inspired by one too many episodes of Vice Grip Garage, I then proceeded to drive this car 250 miles home--which it accomplished with minimal fuss. The only issue was when I learned that a quarter tank of gas means I've got no gas...

View attachment 1716121798
Welcome and that’s a beautiful car

Posting a couple more pics to this thread for now, showing a little bit of updating. Obligatory Route 66 plates are installed--I'm definitely driving the car too much to go with the restrictive antique plates. Also, while I had been collecting a set of 40 spoke turbine wheels to put on, I actually ended up going in a different direction when I found these BBS wheels from an early '90s Lincoln Mark VII LSC on Facebook Marketplace. Gone are the skinny mini 185/75R14 tires that appear in the photos above; I'm now running 215/55R16 in the front and 245/50R16 out back.

230905_Front.jpg

230905_SideNewWheels.jpg

Nice car! Any engine pictures? @krazykuda Karl is this Bruce's old car?
I don't currently have any good pics of the engine just now, but will be sure to get one later in the week. For now, just picture a standard 225 Slant-6 with the valve cover needing a repaint, and a valve cover gasket in need of replacing. As for previous owners, according to the stack of receipts that came with the car, the car previously belonged to a Rick, and a James before him. If anyone named Bruce owned it before me, I don't have any evidence of it.

I don't currently have any good pics of the engine just now, but will be sure to get one later in the week. For now, just picture a standard 225 Slant-6 with the valve cover needing a repaint, and a valve cover gasket in need of replacing. As for previous owners, according to the stack of receipts that came with the car, the car previously belonged to a Rick, and a James before him. If anyone named Bruce owned it before me, I don't have any evidence of it.
It would have been a long time ago. Does the engine have dual outlet exhaust manifolds? If it does, that's the car.

Nah, it seems to have the stock cast manifold going straight into that tiny little exhaust pipe. XD
Ok cool Probably not the same car. It's super cool though. Welcome aboard.

I'm currently thinking either red steelies with baby moons or dog dish caps, or (if I can find a set that fits) some old Western Wheel turbine style rims. (Edit: Slotted mags are also not out of the question.)
As for the fun...that's the plan. I'm going to upgrade the brakes, give it a little love where it needs it, and then take it on long road trips. Hopefully do Power Tour at some point.
That thing is screaming Cragar SS's. Not black but sharp I think.

dart wagon.jpg

-
Back