someone needs this (dual quad long tube intake)

-
Just out of curiosity, are those RB only, will they work on a B block 383
( Big block challenged )

( Big block challenged )

They should bolt up to the intake bolt pattern... You may have to adjust the length of the linkages...

they had a long and a short version of those... The long set peak torque at 2500 RPM the shorter ones peaked torque at 3500 RPM...

Last edited:
I think they fit either. Always wanted a set. Saw some complete on cars at Carlisle. Really sweeeet! Wish they were close. That is a deal. I think length was "internal", so they look the same.

Last edited:
Looks like the carb flange has been opened up. Lots of spendy parts missing also, would make some nice garage art though.

Is there someone close that can take a look at it for me? I'll give ya some coin. Kim

It's about an hour from me (I actually used to live in Lowell, great little town)

I'll be back in town on Monday, if you want you can call the guy and ask for specifics (what's all there and whats not) and go from there
( Big block challenged )

There is a crossover tube, and the linkages that are allready mentioned. These tubes and linkages are specific to the B or RB engine, but since the intake pattern on the heads is the same, these tubes will bolt up to either engine

Or multi port injection low rpm stroker for a daily driver kind of car.

You know. Ever since I had this crazy idea. I can't help but look at this intake differently.

I had an idea laying in bed a few weeks ago. Of a cross ram setup. With a little 142 blower on each side. They aren't much bigger than the carb flange. I think it would look cool as hell. Single belt driven. Belt tensioner right in the middle. Just a blower sitting ontop of each fender.

I know. I'm crazy.

They should bolt up to the intake bolt pattern... You may have to adjust the length of the linkages...

they had a long and a short version of those... The long set peak torque at 2500 RPM the shorter ones peaked torque at 3500 RPM...

Those are the long version, the divider goes all the way to the carb flange. Is it my eyes or is there a crack running straight across the left side a few inches before the carb flange? Maybe that is why it's wall art.

Also, I've seen these on B bodies. You have to notch the inner fender. They were designed for a larger C body. Even if they weren't called that.

Those are the long version, the divider goes all the way to the carb flange. Is it my eyes or is there a crack running straight across the left side a few inches before the carb flange? Maybe that is why it's wall art.

It's not your eyes. It's a crack.

If you're determined to have a long ram set up, a good weld shop should be able to take care of it.

IMG_0133.JPG
You know. Ever since I had this crazy idea. I can't help but look at this intake differently.

I had an idea laying in bed a few weeks ago. Of a cross ram setup. With a little 142 blower on each side. They aren't much bigger than the carb flange. I think it would look cool as hell. Single belt driven. Belt tensioner right in the middle. Just a blower sitting ontop of each fender.

Something like this?

The ad has been deleted... How much were they asking?
I had a pair that I planned on using on a 74 Powerwagon with a bigblock. Never got around to it.....
Those things made wicked low end torque!

There's a roadster here in SoCal that runs this setup. Cool as can be with a carb out almost behind each front wheel/tire.
I last saw the car at a car show in LaVerne. Two guys (must have been Chevy guys) were standing there looking at it. From their comments, neither had seen anything like it and couldn't figure out where it came from. You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them it was a factory Mopar setup.

The ad has been deleted... How much were they asking?
I had a pair that I planned on using on a 74 Powerwagon with a bigblock. Never got around to it.....
I noticed that, for $400.00 it went quickly

The first Mopar Nats at the Chrysler proving grounds in Chelsea, MI was the first time that I saw one of those.... It was an early 60's black Imperial, I think 63... It had a 413 with those long-ram manifolds... Dad used to call them the "plumber's nightmare"...

We went on a track tour in our car and at the end of the tour, everybody "staged" before going around the short half oval track and then to the spectator and show area off the middle in back... Each car waited for the guy in front to get far enough ahead, then nailed it...

That 413 Imperial was about 10 cars in front of us as we came back and were waiting our turn in line... He did a brake torque and stood still with smoke coming off of his bias ply tires, sitting in this cloud of smoke... That thing just smoked the tires while sitting still and then started moving slowly forward, still smoking the tires leaving two long black marks as it went and a huge cloud of white smoke...

That was an awesome burnout...

My '60 New Yorker has a set of longrams.
Bought the intakes on a Phoenix swapmeet in '98. The car I bought much later.
The 496" stroker under intakes likes them very much...

60Chrysler-crop.jpg

TOO COOL !!!! I always wanted to do a stroker big body sleeper.

Maybe a 540" 70 Sport Fury in Black with 2.76 gears !

I had a '59 Crown Imperial Coupe with a 413 and 79k on it... that would of made a good canidate but it was too original and rare.

TOO COOL !!!!
Maybe a 540" 70 Sport Fury in Black with 2.76 gears !

I get what your going for, but don't get why people want to spend big bucks the neuter the results.

Effectively a 600 hp 540 is equal to a 600 hp 440 only difference would be torque. Which will basically be around 1.2 lbs-ft per cid.
So 540-648 lbs-ft and 440-528 lbs-ft.

540 - 648 x 2.76 = 1733 lbs-ft to the tires
440 - 528 x 3.23 = 1705 lbs-ft to the tires

So effectively a 540 with 2.76 gears is the same as a 440 with 3.23 gears just a lot of money to build so you don't have to run 3.23 gears.

Plus mpg will be similar
Take cruising rpm at 60 mph
540 = 2060 rpm
440 = 2412 rpm
Cfm consumed roughly at those rpm is 312 cfm and 307 cfm.

I know you just gave a daydream thought but it's a pet peeve of mine gear/torque/hp lol

But if you ever do build it food for thought.

You are correct.. But.... Out here we can do 80-90 mph legally. 100 is not uncommon at all actually. I hit 80 in my Cuda this morning on the way to hockey at 530 and was getting passed. And that was in the city limits.

Besides it is just a dream and I threw out the 2.76s on a whim. Could also do an O.D...

And there is something about a tire shredding Boat!

-
Back