Something about a blower I never realized

-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
No one tries to race you anymore. What gives?

4-71 oct 2023.jpg

Roots superchargers are so much fun, l love the throttle response.

13%. Kinda surprised you knew that lol
I have a couple friends that run blowers. They are for show and not as a power adder. Inderdriven just makes noise and impresses the guys. I think they are cool too but a 454 in a camaro with a 871 underdriven by 20% is a big ol' pooch. I like the way superchargers work. nore rpm, more boost.

I have a couple friends that run blowers. They are for show and not as a power adder. Inderdriven just makes noise and impresses the guys. I think they are cool too but a 454 in a camaro with a 871 underdriven by 20% is a big ol' pooch. I like the way superchargers work. nore rpm, more boost.
Nothing a pulley party would not fix.

With the availability of turbo kits, centrifugal super chargers, twin screws, and so on, you can make all the power you desire. doesn’t beat the cool factor of a blower sticking out of the hood..

Kinda like when Finnegan built T-bizzle.. 100% stock 80s 5.0 Thunderbird with a 671 blower sticking out of the hood.. it was still a pooch but an awesome looking one.. it made like 320 wheel through an AOD..

One of our members said after he put the blower on, ricers won't even make eye contact

I ran a Whipple twin screw years ago that made 500+ foot lbs of torque just off idle @ 25 lbs of boost. Talk about fun and scary at the same time.

Bring it on over and I’ll take a lick at you. I’ve found most guys with blowers are lucky to get a high 10 second pass out of them. And that’s a fast one.
Lol PBR I'm no racer. Before blower I was a low 14 sec at mile high, dead even with a stock older WRX. I'll still try though, what's the wager? I'd be happy with a mid 13 and no holes in pistons.

I did have a subaru "rev backfire" at me today, at it flew past me as I was turning. I guess I got what I wanted, sorta. He'll probably post I ran away from getting whupped.

So that works out to 4 psi? You'd think a 454 by itself should run pretty good

-
Back