Something I never knew, maybe you didn’t too!

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It’s not very often I have saved the heater nipple off an intake manifold. But today I was able to spin this one out. I never knew there was a filtering screen in these! Maybe not all have them but this one does and it’s almost plugged off. Likely restricted flow through the heater. Is this an aftermarket addition or did this come from factory? It was in a 1975 318 2bbl engine.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of nipples. is there an install kit for new aftermarket intakes, or do ya have to search the hardware stores?
I have a new intake and need the usual bypass and heater nipples.

Speaking of nipples. is there an install kit for new aftermarket intakes, or do ya have to search the hardware stores?
I have a new intake and need the usual bypass and heater nipples.

Just google it! "mopar manifold nipples"
Dozens of sources come up...........

It’s not very often I have saved the heater nipple off an intake manifold. But today I was able to spin this one out. I never knew there was a filtering screen in these! Maybe not all have them but this one does and it’s almost plugged off. Likely restricted flow through the heater. Is this a aftermarket addition or did this come from factory? It was in a 1975 318 2bbl engine.

View attachment 1715439878 View attachment 1715439879 View attachment 1715439881

I am guessing aftermarket since I have never seen one with a screen.

I wonder if that is a sacrificial nipple? I mean anode.

I never saw one like that before, George.
You learn something new every day..........

New one on me, I never saw one before. Thanks for sharing, I learned something new today!

-
Back