Something stole the Turtle Eggs!!!!

-

Blucuda413

Reaction score
The other morning I walked out on my patio and a 7" green turtle was backed up against the patio digging a hole. I moved away because I didn't want to scare her. I checked later and she had laid the eggs and covered them up. A couple days later I noticed that something had been around the area but the eggs had not been disturbed. I built a little wooded fence around the place to protect the nest. Today I checked them and something had gotten in the nest and taken all the eggs. The entrance from the top was a perfectly round hole about 1" in diameter. Inside the hole was a larger hollowed out area which the eggs were in. They were all gone!! The only thing that I can see that would have done this would be a snake. We don't have many around this area so I was surprised. Thought we would end up seeing something unique but mother nature said otherwise!!

Shame, that would have been cool to see. I remember as a kid I found a monarch butterfly egg on bottom of milkweed plant. Kept and nurtured thru larvae and chrysalis until it was a butterfly. Then let it go, nature is very cool.

Shame, that would have been cool to see. I remember as a kid I found a monarch butterfly egg on bottom of milkweed plant. Kept and nurtured thru larvae and chrysalis until it was a butterfly. Then let it go, nature is very cool.

My wife just did this. We've got 12 chrysaliseses (chrysali? Chryslers?) In a net cage right now. Those suckers mowed through a milkweed plant a day.

Thing about it.....it couldda even been another turtle.

-
Back