Something you do not see everyday

-

340six

Reaction score
Years ago (22-25) I bought a few export Speedos, as well.ss a bunch of other NOS gadges.
Thought you guys might like to see one. I should have grabbed the 200 ones too but did not want to pay the $ for them but were cheap.
BTW I have the cards that came with them to send in to Ma Mopar telling them it was changed out.
Not a sale ad. Just thought they were cool

speedo240KPH.jpg

Last edited:
it is cool, I’m in a place where I could actually use it if you do want to sell it…. If it’s an a body cluster like in my 74 dart. Maybe that’s a C body one, can’t tell?
I have plans to use the others I have
But yes A Body. I had quite a few but kept 2 maybe 3 for future use
I put one of the one's in my 1973 Dart Sport 340. And picked up the 120MPH in lew of the 240KPH.
One guy told another after looking at a Challenger that had a set of rally gadges that go to 150. This car is faster the Speedo goes to 240.
What a Maroon ( as Buggsbunny would say)

(DISCLAIMER... I do not know if the kph speedo is based on the same speedometer configurations as mph speedos)

But Yep it should be as simple as a speedo gear change. And there is nothing on the speedo to indicate mph or kph.

Assuming my math is right. IF your current gear is 32 you would need to slow it down so you would need a 51 tooth give or take.

32 teeth x 1.609344 = 51.5 teeth

There might be some limitations to the gear teeth. There are adapters that are variable that can convert, might even be a dedicated converter.

Mph x 1.609344 = kilometers per hour
60mph x 1.609344 = 96.56kph
PXL_20220411_010513178.jpg

Someone a few years ago was selling a 67-70 something standard gauge cluster kph speedo. I wish I had picked it up.

I bought a NOS one a couple years ago for my Swiss dart sport. I never thought about changing the speedo gear to make it read correct. I installed it for a while but pulled it out and put a MPH back in.

I bought a NOS one a couple years ago for my Swiss dart sport. I never thought about changing the speedo gear to make it read correct. I installed it for a while but pulled it out and put a MPH back in.
Have any pictures of the Swiss Dart Sport?

-
Back