Sometimes 2 wheels are better than 4! Post yer motorcycle up...

-
my first ride was a 83 MTX50
fun little bike

i still have a few kawasaki KDXs (one each, a 200 and a 220, the 200 is plated and sees road duty when the duster isnt up for it)

but i always enjoyed this one...it was my sisters bike

View attachment 1715038960

Fizzer! Another one of my dream bikes. Closest I got was an '86 FZ600 that I used to drag race around 1989-1990. Bike was stock and barely ran 12's LOL. Very twitchy turn-in with the 16 up front and the 18 in the back.

That definitely affects handling and will be dangerous when the tire gets on its edge. Motorcycle tires are soft for a reason.

Your opinion is irrelevant, as my experience, and thousands others, have proved you wrong. If anything, the flatter profile, actually leaves MORE tread on the road. Also, nA MC tire always has a small patch on the road, regardless of the bikes angle. The car tire actually has most of the tire in contact with the ground, and in sharp turns it has about the same amount of tread on the ground as a MC tire. I have ~70k miles on a CT, and I won't lie, it does handle a little differently, but after ~100 miles, you don't even notice, except the improved braking and more grip on takeoff. That you definitely notice.

Edit: And you can lean into the curves just as well as with a MC tire. I put new cobra floorboards on last spring and I have already ground about 1/2 of the lip off of them in the twisties. Not bad for an almost 800lb monster bike.

I rUn around on an 1987 virago. picked it up a few years ago and brought it back to life.
Also have a 1981 maxim which only has 6000 miles on the odometer. It was left sitting for years before I got it and cleaned it up redid the fuse box, and replaced the carbs, as they were locked up tight.

Last edited:
My 99 Honda CR250R. The bikes really been trouble free, but that's a Honda for you. I'm teaching my son to ride and picked up a Honda CF100 for him. I swear that bikes so much fun, I cant stay off it! I forgot how much fun a small dirt bike can be!

honda.jpg

1972 Montesa King Scirpion 250! Just gotta finish wiring up the key and I'll have it out this year. Current ride is a 03 shadow 750 but apparently I only have one bad picture lol

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

here is one im still kicking myself, for letting go
75 RD250 (side by side twin)

and a few of my dirtbikes

my boy on his 4 wheeler (got it in as a partial trade for the green KDX)

and the wifes TTR

Just getting started on this restoration, runs good 1982XT 250 Yamaha

15697932_1503697456312262_4781393505086026268_n.jpg

Your opinion is irrelevant, as my experience, and thousands others, have proved you wrong. If anything, the flatter profile, actually leaves MORE tread on the road. Also, nA MC tire always has a small patch on the road, regardless of the bikes angle. The car tire actually has most of the tire in contact with the ground, and in sharp turns it has about the same amount of tread on the ground as a MC tire. I have ~70k miles on a CT, and I won't lie, it does handle a little differently, but after ~100 miles, you don't even notice, except the improved braking and more grip on takeoff. That you definitely notice.

Edit: And you can lean into the curves just as well as with a MC tire. I put new cobra floorboards on last spring and I have already ground about 1/2 of the lip off of them in the twisties. Not bad for an almost 800lb monster bike.

So my opinion is "irrelevant", yet you agree with me that the bike handles differently. I bet you could teach the motorcycle tire manufacturers a thing or two. Rock on, dude!

So my opinion is "irrelevant", yet you agree with me that the bike handles differently. I bet you could teach the motorcycle tire manufacturers a thing or two. Rock on, dude!

Yes, your small mindedness surely proves your unfounded proclamation.

Actually had my first long ride of the year today, so nice to get out! Long overdue!

Maybe one of these days I will pull them all out of storage..... I won't lie though that even though nothing is like a Honda Minitrail that KV75 will eat it for lunch lol......

The KX250 I am getting ready to start riding again until my Rotator Cuff tells me otherwise lol.....

JW

291.JPG

004.JPG

IMG-20120709-00066.jpg

175.JPG

Some great looking bikes on here! Here is my Widowmaker I sold 2 years ago. It had just about every trick done to it and made 190hp. It was hell on my back I just couldn't take the pain. Easy 9 second bike if you have the balls!

20130608_103331.jpg

My old Ironhead. Bought it for cheap from a guy who let it sit for a while and didn't quite know what he had. The engine had been rebuilt and was higher compression. Bigger cam. Few other things. Went like a bat out of hell.

Then sold it for cheap when I was laid off to pay bills. Such is life.

bike.jpg

3 bikes from my collection..
The 2 orange bikes are 2 different bikes(1977 CT 70)

20160816_183255.jpg

20161022_211440.jpg

20160812_221140.jpg

Nice bikes. Specially like the older ones, Yamaha RD, Mini Trails. First thing I ever rode was a Mini Trail 50 when I was 12. I am 60 now. Couple of pictures of current bike on one of my ride-a-bouts. I wanted something that would pull the higher elevations with plenty of power and this thing has it.....Yamaha FJR.
20140820_102515-2.jpg
20140821_124719-3.jpg

Norton_1_75 (2).jpg
IMG_5236.JPG
Here is what has gotten between me and my Lancer. First picture is 1976, second is the restoration from last year! Only 40 years apart. 1973 Norton 850 Commando.

This is the bike that started it all...my 1974 Yamaha DT175. This was first real motorcycle that I bought when I was 17 years old back in August of 2015. It is all original and 100% street legal. It's in great shape for its age and runs great. It's a 175cc 2-stroke paired with a close ratio 5 speed and equipped with factory oil injection. It has a good sound to it at idle and the smell of unburned gasses and oil is truly a great smell. This is a true classic dual sport enduro. I love all types of enduros, but the old classic Yamahas are my favorites.

Some other bikes I owned were a: 1975 Yamaha DT100B, 1970 Suzuki A50 Maverick (was technically a moped), 1979 Kawasaki KE100, 1981 Honda XL125 with a swapped 1983 200cc motor off a Honda XL200 (I own this one still), 1974 Yamaha GT80A and a Suzuki TS125. Every single one of those bikes were unique in their own way. I have owned an Enduro from each one of the top 4 Japanese motorcycle brands lol.

74_dt175.png

Here's my 38-year old Kawasaki KZ1000E. I've had it since new - did some upgrades (paint, pipe, fairing) a lot of years ago.
Gets lots of looks since it's an "oldie"

Kawasaki.JPG

-
Back