Sometimes people get what they ask for.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
40 degrees and 70% humidity. Great day for a no-prep race. Stupidly at its best. I hope no one gets hurt.

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1064.jpeg

I don’t think the humidity was 70% but I’ve raced more than once with a light film of ice was building up on the water in the burnout box.

It separates the men from the boys.

The men had their cars hooking and the boys bitched the track was garbage.

I don’t think the humidity was 70% but I’ve raced more than once with a light film of ice was building up on the water in the burnout box.

My riding lawnmower doesn't hook in the ice...I'm a boy lol

My former race car partner and I went to a NHRA points race back in the winter of 1991 in east Texas. Friday the weather was in the mid to high 60's, Saturday morning the temps were in the high 20's with a brutal north wind dropping the temps to the low 20's. There was nothing between us and Canada but a barbed wire fence to slow the wind down. I think somebody knocked the fence over. LOL The track and NHRA opted to run the 1/8th mile because of the wind after two Super Comp cars tangled themselves up at the finish line when the chutes deployed.

Yes but the track was prepped and that makes a big difference. I ran at 4am at Norwalk running 155mph in my short wheelbase Daytona. I was scraping the windows every round. I upped the tire pressure one pound after fourth round and that’s a huge change in a chassis car.

Not separating men from boys. More like separating those who will from those who won't. Choice and judgement.

Max doesn't like it below 50 degrees anyway so I don't! My friend was there and said it was a bit of a cluster. He said the spectators were allowed in the staging area and were crowding around the cars as they were doing burnouts!

Bill Bader, Norwalk owner had a term he used years ago before anyone heard of it and now everyone talks about it. “Dew Point” when it got to a certain number you couldn’t beat Mother Nature.

-
Back