Son Into His 66 Valiant

-

Chuckman

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I joined FABO to help with restoring my sons 66 Valiant 100, father son project for his first car.
His passenger side doors were dented and the outer skin was stretched. We found one in a local junk yard and ordered a second pristine door from south west Texas. The door we got locally had some strange paint on it. It seemed to be mixed with sand, and was extremely thick. Sandpaper only piled it up in knots. My son spent hours and had both doors down to completely bare metal all over. They looked like they had just been assembled in the factory. I was impressed. Particularly since my son has ADD and usually gives up rather quickly.

A lot of kids with ADD will respond well to a task that THEY want to do. It's one of the reasons that they struggle in school (even those of us that did well didn't really want to do it). The key is getting them enough life experiences to find that thing, and schools do a lousy job of that.

Just my opinion and I've been fortunate enough to not have to put my opinion to the test. Glad he's found something productive.

A hot rod buddy,has a kid like this. He learned guitar. Geez ,the kid can play.

Yeah, he is also good at playing the Banjo. He heard Earl Scruggs Breakdown, and in two days had it about mastered. I always did really well in school, and sometimes I can't even get a radio to play right.

-
Back