Sound and Heat Insulation

-

440plus6

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm going to be putting carpet in my 73 Dart Sport soon. I've been looking at the sound and heat insulation products. Was wondering what others have used and if happy with it. I had originally thought Dynamat but boy is that stuff expensive! Suggestions and input will be appreciated.
Thanks, Foster

Foster just search for it there's tons of articles in the site on the subject. I used Peel and Stick for Lowes. Some criticized it but it does a great job. Easy to use and reasonable in price. It's a modified polymer. Dan

I used Peel and Stick from Lowes as well this past summer... It worked great. I was concerned about the tar smell however it seems to be non existent.. I bought 3 rolls and require a 4th to complete the rear area in the space between the seat and the trunk. I have the space duster option. Good Luck

Lindsey

What is the stuff from Lowes called, I can not find it on their site.

I used lizard skin on my D/S on the bottom outside I think the sound product and will use the heat on the inside. It was easy to spray in just very messy.

Here is some additional info for the Peal and Seal. Item # 154017 - PS625 roll is 6 inches wide and 25 feet long. Aprox. 18.00 a roll. Found in the roofing Section. Hope this helps.

I put in a couple carpets a few years back and there was some type of thick juke padding that you could put underneath. I know the new thing is the dynamat, but yes it is way too expensive

-
Back