Sound Deadening

-
I just used whatever came on the carpet set.

Has anyone ever tried Photomat???

Isn't that the little drive up joint on the corner of Broad and Market Streets in Newark, that used to develop camera film? lol

Yeah, I was trying to see who would catch it. :D

They are pretty much gone from around here... :angel8:

Isn't that the little drive up joint on the corner of Broad and Market Streets in Newark, that used to develop camera film? lol

That is a app for iPhone isn't it? lol
Wow you can tell the age of ppl by the way the process information.lol
BTW i'm old too so I associated it with the 1hr. photo stores.

I had decided against sound deadening due to the price. Now that y'all mention peel and seal I will give that a try. $100 for 100sq ft. Sounds like a deal to me.

I have used RAAMmat BXT. Good product and decent prices.

ONe thing to consider is whether it's butyl or asphalt based. Asphalt based products are more inclined to fail from heat. Just something to keep in mind. On floorpans that's probably not much of an issue. Doors and roofs on the other hand...

The catch: butyl-based products generally cost more than asphalt.

I used RAAMmat in my 72 dodge W200, what a huge difference. The price on it is very reasonable.

B Quiet Ultimate is good stuff .. Used it on my Dart and it was 89.00 for two rolls of 100sq ft. I did the whole car with one roll and still had one roll to do my Duster.

B Quiet Ultimate is good stuff .. Used it on my Dart and it was 89.00 for two rolls of 100sq ft. I did the whole car with one roll and stillhad onerollto do my Duster.

Where did you buy it? Done a lot of research and b quite ultimate seems to be the best for the money. Its also a butyl not an asphalt.

My friend used undercoat on the top side if his floor pans and then put regular carpet padding. It is semi-quite but nothing to write home about.

I plan to make my Valiant as quite and soundproof as possible so there is some good advice here.

I used FatMat Extreme from ebay seller Noise-Killers.

I got 100 feet for $160 shipped. I think I bought it back in 2010.

Good luck with your decision.

What did y'all use inside your doors?

I didn't use anything. I did the roof, floor,fire wall, pacakge tray and partition between the trunk and seat. I just didn't think I could do a good job on the doors. They still had factory undercoating on them and I wasn't sure if it the deadener would come off.

B quiet ultimate 50 ft is now 129... Still way better than dynamat for the price.

Just put my ex wife in the passenger seat. The way she talks, you wouldn't be able to hear any background noise whatsoever.

I do have witnesses/references...

Just for cost reference:
I think I ended up using 4 rolls (6" x 25') to do the interior of my Dart vert at $16 roll = $64
I bought an extra roll to go up the sides of the door shells and behind the back side panels.
Total cost $80 to cover entire interior... with no addtl shipping charges.

Attachments

• peel seal.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 281
Just for cost reference:
I think I ended up using 4 rolls (6" x 25') to do the interior of my Dart vert at $16 roll = $64
I bought an extra roll to go up the sides of the door shells and behind the back side panels.
Total cost $80 to cover entire interior... with no addtl shipping charges.

Where did you order this from? I want to give it a try!

-
Back