Sound Deadening

-
Wow they raised the B-quiet material that much!!!! I think its been 5yrs when I last purchased the sound deadner.

I'm using EZ Cool everywhere but the floor and fire wall. I'll use Dyna Matt there. EZ Cool is nice to work with. Spray gluing the stuff on isn't too bad. Cheers
:coffee2:

Attachments

• DSC00012.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC00013.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC00014.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 231
Doug, thanks for posting about thee peel n seal. I've got to do this to the '69 RR I am building for a customer and was wondering which route to go. He's DEEP into the car and anything I can do to maintain the quality of the build but lower his costs, the better

Doug, thanks for posting about thee peel n seal. I've got to do this to the '69 RR I am building for a customer and was wondering which route to go. He's DEEP into the car and anything I can do to maintain the quality of the build but lower his costs, the better

Gary- no problemo... this was the most cost effective option for me and makes even more sense any time I can save a shipping charge!
I may be back down in Delray Bch next wk... if so wanna stop by your shop and maybe catch lunch if you are avail.
Are you going to March 4 Car Show?

I also plan to use the butyl rubber sheet rolls (~12" wide") from Home Depot. I have a roll left over from my camping trailer. I will put on the floor just under the dash, up the firewall and around the trans tunnel, and maybe cover with alum broiler foil so not sticky. To stop low drone sounds, you need to add mass to the center of sheet-metal panels. The factory used a rubber spray in the door panels.

To block heat, I will use aluma bubble foam insulation, also from Home Depot. Adds negligible weight. Under the carpet at the front floor and across the roof. I did that in the roof in my Newport about 20 yrs ago, without even glue, just the curve and head-liner bows hold it up. Don't feel the sun and has held up fine I guess (can't see).

Going to do peel and seal on the floor with fatmat on the firewall

Thats the only place I feel any heat in my car since installing Peel/Seal, sound deadner, and mass backing carpet... the firewall. And its the only place I havent put anything- still has orig insulation.
I have the insulation pad kit and plan on putting Peel/Seal and kit when I pull dash... eventually.

Gary- no problemo... this was the most cost effective option for me and makes even more sense any time I can save a shipping charge!
I may be back down in Delray Bch next wk... if so wanna stop by your shop and maybe catch lunch if you are avail.
Are you going to March 4 Car Show?
I should be around all week. Just let me know what day you'll be down

-
Back