Source for A-body 8 3/4 10x1.75 brake drums?

-

1966Post

Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for the elusive 10x1.75 (10x2") brake drums for a 8 3/4 rear?
Thanks in advance

Summit.

These are for 10x1.75 Small bolt pattern A body 8 3/4 or 7 1/4

Screenshot_20240902-161249.png

10x1.75 (10x2")
They should not be refered to as 10x2 as there are 10x2 brakes out there (C body IIRC) always refer to the shoe size. Yes the drum friction surface will be wider than the shoe size, but brakes are not specked by the friction surface

Both sets I ordered from Rock Auto and Summit were very wrong, looked more like something that went on a half ton truck. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Have them turned before installing . I just had a new drum lock up because it was so far out of true. I assumed it would wear the high spot down in short order but it didn’t.

Both sets I ordered from Rock Auto and Summit were very wrong, looked more like something that went on a half ton truck. Hope you have better luck than I did.

I had a problem with my 1st order from summit, but their customer service was amazing and in the end I got 3 sets that I ordered and all 3 were correct.

Ordered a pair that’s due to arrive Tuesday from Summit, I’ll report back on what arrives

If ya search for a 67-69 Barracuda they show they fit.. but if ya look it up for a 67-69 Dart, says that it doesn’t.. an odd mess up with their info

If ya search for a 67-69 Barracuda they show they fit.. but if ya look it up for a 67-69 Dart, says that it doesn’t.. an odd mess up with their info
There are several other parts like that.

It's a great hack.

They arrived today and measured out as 5x4 so.. looks like it’ll be a good source for 8 3/4 A-body brakes..

-
Back