Source for Convertible windshield gasket and trim?

-

PinkGT

Reaction score
Hi FABO,

I'm sure it's here somewhere but not sure where to look? I need to pull my windshield for painting the car and I'm not sure what to do about the gasket and trim. I think I have an original gasket with aftermarket trim that is sort of hokey. Any hot tips on where to get new old stock or re-manufactured?

Thanks!
PinkGT
1968 Dart GT Convertible

Post some pics of what your looking at please.

If you want a gasket then get a Steele Rubber Co. gasket.

If you want to upgrade the lower press in lock strip to stainless trim like a 68/69 cuda hardtop or fastback then let me know.

I have a thread with pictures that may help you.

I found the hard to find B body sedan/4 door/wagon seal from Precision, at Van's Auto via ebay of all places.

I've never bought a new gasket. I put time and effort into cleaning the originals for reuse. Haven't had any leaks or problems.

X2 for some gaskets. I save whatever I can but if it's cracked or ripped from removal then your SOL. If your trying to do the windshield lower trim conversion on a vert you will have to change it though to a hard top/f-back gasket.

Hi FABO,

I'm sure it's here somewhere but not sure where to look? I need to pull my windshield for painting the car and I'm not sure what to do about the gasket and trim. I think I have an original gasket with aftermarket trim that is sort of hokey. Any hot tips on where to get new old stock or re-manufactured?

Thanks!
PinkGT
1968 Dart GT Convertible

Steele Rubber may have the correct gasket, but their lockstrip is incorrect. The correct molding/lockstrip was available through Year One as "CM8"...and should look like this....

Attachments

• DartVertWSLockstrip (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 300
Hi FABO,

Thanks!
PinkGT
1968 Dart GT Convertible

I got the plastic lock strip from Ted Stevens in Alabama

http://www.stephensperformance.com

I got mine for my '69 from Van's. It was direct shipped from Precision. The locking strip I got from Year One.

I'm looking for the lower windshield trim for my '69 dart GT vert also. who is this Vans? ive checked Yearone and couldn't find one.

I wound up getting the lockstrip from rick@Laysons. They had one in stock and shipped it right out.

-
Back