source for frame diagrams

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend is working on a 1968 GTX and doing some major bodywork. I have a frame chart for my 1970 Dart that says "Copyright 1970 by George W Liskey". I know that I ordered the chart from a company, but damned if I can find the source for mine. Does anybody know a source for these diagrams with measurements???

My 65 shop manual has all the dimensions; I would think a 68 manual would have them too

I think it is in the service manuals. MyMopar.com, they are free

This is from BBodiesonly
"How about this diagram below I found in my 68 Service manual , is it good to go ?"
"Second picture 69-70 diagram I found in web , , can I use it for 68 Charger ?"

" Only difference between Dodge and Plymouth is the rear leaf spring mount. Plymouth has a 1" shorter wheelbase if I remember correctly".

1698184857913.png

Yes, Plymouth has a one inch shorter wheel base and only because Dodge uses a longer front leaf hanger bracket. As noted ^^^, then the rear spring shackle frame mount is an inch longer/more forward on the Plymouth than the Dodge to make the same springs work.

Years ago I was working on (gasp) an f body (no, not a fire chicken, and though they're mistaken for them, certainly not a nova.... )
I went to a local body shop and they had a rack of red books, in each was all the frame charts for common vehicles of a given year. He let me borrow it, "keep it til you're done"..... I was replacing a frame rail in my volare at the time.

Thanks for the input! I did indeed find a diagram in the FSM and provided it to my friend. It did not have the level of detail and notes that accompany the commercial diagrams. I'm glad I got the one for my 1970 Darts a few years ago.

-
Back