Source for new 273 commando valve cover breathers???

-
It had one, as it is a CA car. So it had the "clean air" package. But I removed it and put it on a shelf. Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the clean air cars the only one with them in 65?

I dont know the answer for that one. I've heard that the early valve was placed on top of a beather cap because the valve covers didn't have baffles in them. I dont know if thats so either.
Before PVC the crankcase inhaled and exhaled under the hood. The exhale was more a oily vapor that air polution. In fact , burning that oily vapor polutes the air as much or more. The main advantage we got from PCV routing is keeping the engine bay cleaner.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Clean Air Package for 65 in CA consist of the hose going from oil filler cap to the air cleaner? Non-Commandos/slants got painted oil fill caps with the nipple and painted air cleaners; Commandos and Hemi's got the chrome plated stuff. In 65 PCVs were installed in the cap that fit on the 2nd stovepipe. 66 and later the PCV was installed in a grommet on the valve cover.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Clean Air Package for 65 in CA consist of the hose going from oil filler cap to the air cleaner? Non-Commandos/slants got painted oil fill caps with the nipple and painted air cleaners; Commandos and Hemi's got the chrome plated stuff. In 65 PCVs were installed in the cap that fit on the 2nd stovepipe. 66 and later the PCV was installed in a grommet on the valve cover.

1966 had a stove pipe on both sides and the commando had the chrome PCV cover, same 65 and the Hemi's, 67 commando had the rubber grommet with the PCV valve.

66 and later the PCV was installed in a grommet on the valve cover.

I was thinking about the 66 and up slants. Of course, what I was thinking about and what came out was not the same. :eek:ops:

1966 had a stove pipe on both sides and the commando had the chrome PCV cover, same 65 and the Hemi's, 67 commando had the rubber grommet with the PCV valve.

True - just wasn't thinking about the V8s since I had slant on the mind :banghead:

It had one, as it is a CA car. So it had the "clean air" package. But I removed it and put it on a shelf. Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the clean air cars the only one with them in 65?

Nope, my 65 has the PCV and is not a CA car.
https://sites.google.com/site/hellfish65/Home/engine here are some pics. The clean air package had a nipple on the air cleaner. My PVC was plumbed to the carb.

Resurrecting an old thread here.

So what would this part look like on a California car with Clean Air Package?

The parts catalog lists part number 2463 866, AIR CLEANER V2, L2, w/4 Barrel Carb., Chrome, California Usage. [ame]http://www.jholst.net/65-parts-manual/oiling.pdf[/ame]

Anyone ever seen one of those? Is it just like the California black one, only chrome?

The emission oil cap had a port on the side for a rubber tube going to the air cleaner that also had a port added.

Before I try to take apart my 2 bbl breather and have it chromed, it would be nice if someone could post a pic or 2 of a commando breather for a 65 California car.

I wasn't quoting your question. Correct it is a non C.A.P. cap. The only breather I have seen with Clean Air Package is the tall version. In either black or chrome.

Thanks Keith. Hoping for no dents. Have a small part's powder coat operation now(no competition for you Leanna). Two other breather's plus this one and a non commando aircleaner top I picked up at Carlisle are all getting my first experimental reflective chrome coat. Stay tuned for results.

So how'd it all turn out Oldschoolcuda? Post up some pics doll!! :-D

Lame description indeed Benny ... if Billy wasn't on the phone I'd be calling them to ask already.

Now that he's off the phone, I learned Mega Parts is open from 1:00 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday (assuming the Central time zone since it's in Wisconsin) and they're usually around on weekends. I didn't leave a message. The guy on the recording sounds very Canadian ... eh? :-D I get the impression it's a mom and pop so the customer service may be stellar and just what our hobby needs. (As an aside it's cool to see somebody else who works late.)

I know the family. All about Mopars and Mopar parts. Great people to deal with. I hope they become sponsors someday. They have a car show/swap meet/open house coming up at their building in Coon Valley. Roy and Jamie are good people. tmm

-
Back