Sources for 63-65 Valiant/Barracuda rear wheel openings (arches)?

-

Rocket-Racing

Reaction score
My '65 Valiant is in desperate need of new rear wheel arches as they are rusty and have been patched before.
I've searched around on the net and can't seem to find them reproduced. That kind of surprises me as they are the same on the more popular Barracudas.
Question is, is there anyone making these or do I have to do it the hard way by making them? The best solution would be finding good panels from a donor car, but that's impossible here in Norway and shipping would be a killer from the US..

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/

134.gif

My '65 Valiant is in desperate need of new rear wheel arches as they are rusty and have been patched before.
I've searched around on the net and can't seem to find them reproduced. That kind of surprises me as they are the same on the more popular Barracudas.
Question is, is there anyone making these or do I have to do it the hard way by making them? The best solution would be finding good panels from a donor car, but that's impossible here in Norway and shipping would be a killer from the US..

Thanks for the tip cavemanmoron!

Good to see that they are available. At $195 a piece and shipped half way around the world they are going to cost me quite a bit and better be good..

Does anyone here have experience with body panels from Auto Body Specialties? I'm thinking things like how they fit, how crisp the stampings are and if they are close to the originals.

I suggest you buy them while the Krone to dollar is in your favor. ;)
http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/NOK/USD/T

As far as the patch panels.

You have very few choices,
many of the non rusted parts car were crushed 25+ years ago.

You could try West coast, but shipping will still be high.

There were 250,000 Valiant, and Barracuda cars built in 1964 alone, for the USA, 1965, 167,153 Valiants were sold, plus 64,596 Barracudas.
Thats close to 1/2 million cars.
http://www.valiant.org/chron.html

There are not very many left, they were the low end cars, and were considered disposable.

Thanks for the tip cavemanmoron!

Good to see that they are available. At $195 a piece and shipped half way around the world they are going to cost me quite a bit and better be good..

Does anyone here have experience with body panels from Auto Body Specialties? I'm thinking things like how they fit, how crisp the stampings are and if they are close to the originals.

Caveman, I'm aware of the currency situation and know that now is a good time for me to buy from the US.
But I'm still interested to hear if anyone here has experience with body panels from Auto Body Specialties as I really need these parts but only if the quality is good.
Thing is, I'm willing to spend my hard earned cash on good quality parts but I hate using them on crappy reproduction parts that I can make better myself. Been there, done that to many times..

Rocket-Racing! Get in contact with Leksands Bilplåt in Sweden. The do the rear wheels openings and for a good price too.

Give them a call at +46 247 212 40. They are good dealing with.

Rocket-Racing! Get in contact with Leksands Bilplåt in Sweden. The do the rear wheels openings and for a good price too.

Give them a call at +46 247 212 40. They are good dealing with.

Thanks for the tip!
Unfortunately they are not available at the moment.
I called Leksands Bilplåt a couple of months ago and talked to a very nice guy. He said he had made the Valiant arches before and had the tool to do it, but it would be a lot of work to just make a set for me..
Guess I'll try to call him again and propose that he make a batch and advertise them. I'm sure there are some Swedish Valiants that could need some ;)

I have those wheel arch patch panels in stock on the shelf and ready to ship, however, shipping them to you in Norway would be expensive.

If you could PM me your shipping address, I could work up a shipping quote for you to see if it would be worthwhile for you.

clickable thumbnail pic.....

I have those wheel arch patch panels in stock on the shelf and ready to ship...

Rick:

The picture shows the whole kit, but on the website, it says the kit is no longer available. Is it available now? I going to be needing them shortly as well.

When I took the pic a couple of months ago, I just placed them all together to save a little space on my picture file. That way when somebody inquired about these parts, I could show all the pieces with just one shot so they'd have a real good idea of what they were.

As a side note, the 63-65 Plymouth pieces have been selling so well that at the present time we are out-of-stock for the passenger side lower quarter patch. I do have the driver's lower quarter patch and both sides of the wheel arch panels still on the shelf though........

We've got another order in for them, but exactly when the manfacturer will set-up the dies for another run is the question. Hopefully.....it'll be in the next couple of months, it kinda depends on what other things they have scheduled to be stamped out.

-
Back