Sox and Martin Demon

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
Has anybody ever considered using the paint scheme for a street car?

DSCF3938.jpg

It looks really good, but I wouldnt use that exact color combination

Could be pretty cool! Here are a couple photos of it from the Midwest Mopars Show in June.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 668
What I really love about that car is how the blue and whites tie into each other making a clean look. It's the red stripe and racing stripes im not so sure about. The blue tinted headlights really set off the front end and go amazing with the brushed chrome look. I personally love two tune schemes.

Thought you might be interested in seeing what this car looked like as a Dart Sport in 1973. I took these at a match race at Minnesota Dragways when I was 18. Little different color scheme, very nice as I recall. Notice it says "Brooklyn Heavy" Dodge on rear Quarter with "Sox & Martin" on the bottom of the Quarter panel. Last photo it's in the background as he prepares to race Wayne Gapp. Warren Johnson, Ronnie Sox, Ronald Lyles, Grumpy Jenkins, Don Carlton, Mike Fons (Rod Shop), among others where there that night.

Attachments

• McCandless_MNDragways.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 650
  • McCandless2_MNDragways.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 587
  • WGapp_MNDragways.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 891
If my Dart needs a paintjob I'll be planning a "race car/drag racer" paint scheme with my Uncle's number 18 that he always had on his race cars.

If you're gonna copy a paint scheme, I think the :Brooklyn Heavy" one using a candy root beer color & a cellophane paint technique would look better. Too many colors & a broad paint stripe down the side without decals or a name would just look incomplete on a street car as the solid colors woulde just be missing something..........

I am still trying to convice my mom to paint her duster the red white and blue sox and martinish paint job

Hey Toro,one of my favorites.I have a buddy with a 72 with a big block swap,Mccandless headers already.jammed white.Six pak scoop roughed out.I love the S/M color combo.I like this combo for his car .He has 14/4 and 15/8 slots on all 4 corners.Thanks,good idea.

-
Back