sox and martin

-

jmetz1969

Reaction score
I have a 72 duster 440 street strip runs 11.30's
I would like to paint it sox's and martin color's
but i don't have a hemi
do u people think it would be cool or not going to street drive alot
and i know it's my car and i can paint it any color i want but would like some input thanks

I would say no, just out of respect. You might think that's backwards, but think about it. You ain't Ronnie and their probably won't be another like him. Ask his peers, he was one of a kind. I say let it be and do something original with your car. Once you do whatever to your ride you're going to have to explain it to everyone interested, and it ought to be your own originality, not some aped idea. Build sumpin' badass and show us your work. Make that MOPAR yours, not someone else's.

I'm thinking the other way, as long as you don't try to pass if off as original. the people would pick you apart, for sure. But if you do it, do it 100%. Find some original style wheels (supertricks?) and research it thoroughly.

I seen one a few years back that looked the same
as Sox and Martin's car.

It was a 67 Barracuda, but it had Moms and Dads on it at an event ate the Memphis motor sports park. looked cool. :cheers:

But I never got to see it run down the track.
I must have been going for a cold one and checking out the babes.=P~like the one's you have in your avatar!!

I think it would look cool.

I can remember contemplating painting my 67 barracuda with the S/M scheme, or making a cop car out of it.

I decided to go with the hideous hemi orange and the ugly as hell AAR stripes.

I must have done something right because everyone says the car looks plain sick!

Well, screw them huh?....................................LOL!

It don't matter what you do, there will always be people who love how your car looks and there will also be people who would love to condemn you and your car to the depths of hell forever for not building it like they would, ha, ha.
Seems someone always has to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but it's your car, your money, your time, and you're stuck with whatever decision you decide so take your time on your decision and with the details and you should have a stunner.

I think it would look cool.

I can remember contemplating painting my 67 barracuda with the S/M scheme, or making a cop car out of it.

I decided to go with the hideous hemi orange and the ugly as hell AAR stripes.

I must have done something right because everyone says the car looks plain sick!

Well, screw them huh?....................................LOL!

It don't matter what you do, there will always be people who love how your car looks and there will also be people who would love to condemn you and your car to the depths of hell forever for not building it like they would, ha, ha.
Seems someone always has to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but it's your car, your money, your time, and you're stuck with whatever decision you decide so take your time on your decision and with the details and you should have a stunner.

Well said spaz. :cheers:

I love the S/M paint scheme and think a clone would be cool. I don't think it would be disrespectful to use the paint scheme as long as you don't put Ronnie's name on it but I don't think you meant you were going to do that anyway.

jmetz1969 has a new avatar allready,
What happened to the other three.hehe.

just more eye candy thats (miss august) in playboy the one in front

just more eye candy thats (miss august) in playboy the one in front

Wow :love7: Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Welcome to this great site, as you can see we have some of the best of the best here,

i have a prostreet 73 dart sport that i was gonna clone his paint job i thought it would just cool , and put on top of sox and martin , in small words " IN MEMORY OF RONNIE SOX " even thought i dont have a HEMI , it is a Fourspeed pistol grip and ronnie never ran a dart sport , but ohh well it would be cool , its the closet i can get to the greatst racer of all time , and need a set of them old keystone wheels

You might check with Ronnie's widow and Buddy Martin, just to touch base with them and tell them what you have in mind. Most likely they will tell you no problem, but you wouldn't want to step on any toes. JMO.

Why don't you be original and do your car in your own race car theme.

Like if you were a real factory racer in the day..with the sponsors you car about on your car.

Come up with your own color scheme and a cool name for the car.

You could look at a bunch of old pictures of drag cars and come up with a one off salute to all of them.

Now that would be a conversation piece.

Mop

the sox and martin name/logo's, is a trademarked deal... the only reason we were aloud to do it was because we had buddy and Diane permission... you can do the colors all day but not the scripts...

here is the one we did...

and they had keystones on them...

Attachments

• cuda s&M.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 369
I don't see a problem with it. If I can ever find the right 66 Dart my plan is to build a cosmetic tribute to this car.

It's when one tries to pass something off as the real deal that the old stink eye comes out.

Attachments

• img142.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 357
  • img169.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 388
  • img170.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 343
Heck the AMC rebel machines had paintjobs like the S&M cars. Personally I love it. Probally why I really want a 70 AMC Rebel Machine.

In other words do what you wanna do! There are always haters no matter what you do.

:wack: dont listen to him, make it a tribute car and have fun with it I have been trying to convince my dad into painting his duster sox and mart tribute

I would say no, just out of respect. You might think that's backwards, but think about it. You ain't Ronnie and their probably won't be another like him. Ask his peers, he was one of a kind. I say let it be and do something original with your car. Once you do whatever to your ride you're going to have to explain it to everyone interested, and it ought to be your own originality, not some aped idea. Build sumpin' badass and show us your work. Make that MOPAR yours, not someone else's.

the sox and martin name/logo's, is a trademarked deal... the only reason we were aloud to do it was because we had buddy and Diane permission... you can do the colors all day but not the scripts...

here is the one we did...

and they had keystones on them...

Hell,just put S&M on the sides of it,you just never know what kinda attention that will draw !!!:-D:sign10:

-
Back