Spare parts prices

-
**** no NO PREDATOR.... Don't we have enough foreign crap in our lives?

We had a 1955 5 pilot light oven with a griddle, gas man says it was drawing about $350/yr on pilot light alone. I should have just lit the damn burners myself as it was really a neat old oven. The griddle was awesome as well as the little matching salt.and pepper shakers outboard of the built in clock. SOLD IT LOCALLY FOR $700! Now the new ones digital clock is stuck on timer and I'm on my 2nd ignitor and first thermal cut out.

We had a 1955 5 pilot light oven with a griddle, gas man says it was drawing about $350/yr on pilot light alone. I should have just lit the damn burners myself as it was really a neat old oven. The griddle was awesome as well as the little matching salt.and pepper shakers outboard of the built in clock. SOLD IT LOCALLY FOR $700! Now the new ones digital clock is stuck on timer and I'm on my 2nd ignitor and first thermal cut out.
I have a commercial stove at home. 24" griddle and four 25K burners, all with no pilot lights. I had a pilot for the oven but I only use that a half dozen times a year. The propane guy said I was going through 3-4 gallons of propane a month just for the pilot. I turned that off this year, if I need the oven I will light it and then turn it back off. I think this will cut my propane bill in half. We will see when next summer rolls around for refill time on my tank. This stove is built like a tank and will outlast me.

I am so sorry, we re-done our kitchen several years ago, I replaced all the appliances with high end stuff.
Within 5 years every damn appliance died within 1 month of each other.
I am talking the refrigerator, cook stove, and microwave.
I sold appliances for a few years, doesn't mean a damn what the outside label says where it comes from, the guts can be from anywhere including China.

That’s what they are hoping for .
Sad thing is today I bought a new circular saw, battery powered Milwaukee, to replace the less than 1 year old Milwaukee that took a crap.

Further kick in the nuts is the old one, maybe cut a dozen 2x4s, just hobby home use, very easy life, it acted like the switch went bad, but I also suspect something was wrong with the saw from the beginning, because it never really had any power.

Just like major appliances, a front load washer and dryer cost about $1600 new. Facebook marketplace is loaded with used ones only a couple years old for cheap , but are all not working properly. needs this or that. Nothing but junk is being made these days. Remember when a Kenmore would last for 20+ years !
Am still using early 90's Kenmore machines. They are NON computer and far more durable than later units.

Kenmore Ultra lll, in my kitchen, the best available 28 yrs ago, still going strong , no repairs
Modern appliances 4-6 years life

PXL_20240925_134551636.jpg

Am still using early 90's Kenmore machines. They are NON computer and far more durable than later units.
I've repaired my 30 year old Kenmore washer and dryer recently for a total of $7 in parts (fuse in the dryer and lose level switch hose in the washer). Most would have just replaced them but I'm afraid to get new ones and have them last just a couple of years.

“If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.”
― Red Green

Bought 2 front loader washer/dryer combo. $200 as they washer "leaked" and the dryer did not match the new models. The "leak" was a rubber 90 on the top that a rat had chewed through. I just muscled the hose around the corner and its still going strong, its a newer design but goes to show you can still repair this stuff. I just chucked a 22" monitor with a power supply issue. Changed all 9 caps on the power boarrd and still no dice, backlight turns off after about 3 seconds. F it as I found it in the E-waste at work anyway! :D

-
Back