Spare tire cover board hold-down dingus wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Contact seller
Need the round metal cup and nut that holds the spare tire cover board to the trunk floor in my '73 Dart. Anyone got? Thanks. (I don't think the picture below shows the correct nut for the cup; that looks more like the nut that holds the jack base to the spare)

SpareTireBoardHoldDown.jpg

I have what you show in your photo. I'm out of the small wing nuts that hold the cup down against the tire cover. Those can be found and any hardware store if you don't need the exact factory piece. Let me know the exact length of the carriage bolt you need and I'll check my stash for a match. Figure $15.00 plus the UPS ride.
Thanks, Mark

anyone have a pic of this installed? how does it fasten to the spare tire area?

a second bolt? or same one that holds the tire down?

the bolt in my 73 dart is not anywhere near that long.

My '73 didn't originally have a spare tire cover board, just a cheesy ~12" square of thin fibre board with rounded-off corners to place in the spare wheel rim. No hole in the middle, so yeah, short bolt. This, like the deletion of the passenger side fender Pentastar emblem and the scaleback of the new-car warranty from 5/50 to 1/12, must've been a cost-reduction measure.

Like Homecloned said, the carriage bolt head mounts into the spare well floor, then the spare tire (with valve stem up), then the jack base (bottom up), then the large wing nut, then the fiberboard cover panel, then the dished metal cup, and finally the small wing nut.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back