-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone know of a good source of the material they use to make the spare tire covers? This is for a '66 Valiant. If someone here in the San Diego area has a good one for sale, I'd be interested in that, but, I can make my own if I can find fiberboard like the original. I would also like to get the measurements off an original one if someone would be so kind as to supply those. Thanks.

Search (Good luck) these posts. A member posted detailed dimensions.

Heres a copy

20200126_172457.jpg

Somehow I would have figured the notch at the rear would have been centered, like the Barracuda, since the latch is centered in the rear panel. That doesn't measure much different than the Barracuda version. I would have thought it would have been a lot bigger. I guess in reality, it just needs to be big enough to cover the spare well.

I assume the 3" circle for the hold-down washer is supposed to be centered front to rear, and not where it's shown in the diagram? The dimension says 14 1/2" from the front edge, but, that's not where it's drawn.

I didnt make the drawing, only made a copy of it. I'm sure it's not drawn exactly to scale , but follow the dimensions when making a copy, and it will be.

Somehow I would have figured the notch at the rear would have been centered, like the Barracuda, since the latch is centered in the rear panel. That doesn't measure much different than the Barracuda version......

If it helps, my '69 trunk latch bracket is not in the center. Biased to driver side. Not sure on the 1st gens.
upload_2021-2-13_19-54-39.png

upload_2021-2-13_19-50-48.png

Yup. You could make the cover out of a sheet of cardboard to these dimensions pretty easily, and test fit. Modify as needed.

20201004_134839.jpg

Not sure Steve, I found it on here. Screen shot it, and archived it in my phone just as info to have. I made a one off of a rotted original. I have this new one in storage in my loft, but I am currently in a Texas deep freeze. You guys in Canuck land probably laugh at +12°F to +25°F temps but I cant handle this ****. I can get it down and measure it against the pic when it warms up.

No need to get it outta the rafters Matt. I'm not needing it right now. Yeah lol with the cold we have had a week or 2 of pretty close to -20*C. I hate it. Only enjoyable thing in winter is hockey and female nipples.
Not sure Steve, I found it on here. Screen shot it, and archived it in my phone just as info to have. I made a one off of a rotted original. I have this new one in storage in my loft, but I am currently in a Texas deep freeze. You guys in Canuck land probably laugh at +12°F to +25°F temps but I cant handle this ****. I can get it down and measure it against the pic when it warms up.

I made a detailed measurement in pdf form, as in post #4. But its out of my 69 Dart. Not sure if it similar for 66 Valiant
Send me PM w email and I can send it to you that way.
Past thread:
Spare tire cover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back