Spare tire for 67 Fastback.

-

67mopr

Reaction score
Could somebody tell me what tire size they used for the spare to fit in the spare tire space in trunk? I have a set of tires on the small bolt pattern rims, I didn't know if I needed to get a smaller tire or what? Any pics would be a great help, Thanks

WOW guess I'm the only one that's ever tried to put a spare back in.

I just checked mine had to go in the garage attic to get the tire. 175/70R13. I'm not sure if its the wheel that came with the car though. My 1968 Cuda fastback had a gold exterior, but the spare wheel is green. But it fits easily in the hole with about 2" extra all the way around.

They used the same size as the rest of the car and the same wheel. Something like a 195/70-14 on a 14 x 4.5" wheel for a standard Barracuda.

As said the spare tire is same size as all the other tires. The well board doesn't fit flush in many cases.
Standard tire in 67 fish was 6.95x14 in BSW, or optional code 23 - WSW. Performance tire option was, code 28 -D70X14 RSW.

Todays metric radial is 195 but... a radial sidewall has a lot more radius than a bias ply tire did. That's why the cover board doesn't lay flat.

66 was a snow and mud tire 13'' , in 67 it must have changed to a 14'' tire of some kind.

-
Back