spare tire/rear panel

-

midlifecuda

Reaction score
Two questions, anyone find a late model space saver spare that works with the 4.5 lug space and is there an interior trim piece that goes at the base of the rear window on a 64 barracuda. If there is, can someone post a pic of what it looks like. On the spare, I would like something that will sit flush in the spare tire well,

[...anyone find a late model space saver spare that works with the 4.5 lug space...]

I used AR Engineering's kit to install the Gen III Viper calipers on the front of my '63 Dart. The kit is modeled around the Mustang Cobra that was made prior to the current model. Thus, I use the Mustang space saver tire. It fits perfectly in the wheel well.

--Walt Jackson

my duster in like the human body...it rejects things that dont belong there...like blue oval parts...! lol.

Mid '90's Camry's have a 4.5" bolt pattern.

88-01 Mazda 626, MX6

96-01 Rustang

93-97 Probe

93-97 Intrepid, Concorde, Vision

94-96 New Yorker

95-00 Sebring, Avenger

87-88 Dakota

There are others, but these are the most common ones.

And these are all 15" spares.

To french in a larger spare tire well from a Grand Fury or similar is the best solution I've heard. I dont care for the space saver spares at all.

Is there an interior trim piece that goes at the base of the rear window on a 64 barracuda. If there is, can someone post a pic of what it looks like. On the spare, I would like something that will sit flush in the spare tire well,

There is on my 65 Barracuda, I have never seen theses at swap meets or after market. Mine are very fragile and have been glued back together. They are attached by two sheet metal screws on the top and two white rivets on the bottom. Obviously mine are not fastened at the bottom, guess what’s even harder to find than the plastic trim pieces.

rear trim.JPG

To french in a larger spare tire well from a Grand Fury or similar is the best solution I've heard. I dont care for the space saver spares at all.

Damn, I wish I had heard this tip before I replaced my spare tire well...
C

I found that a neon space saver fits. Can't remember what year it was but that is what I am using on my stock 65 cuda with 13"

using the skinny rims, and a new full size tire with say a 185 70 r 14 tire might be skinny enough to fit, and safe enough to drive on should the need arise. Go to the tire store and test fit some tires (not on the rim, of course) to find the most tire that will work.

-
Back