Spare wheel?

-

mrhollywood

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a car other than an a-body with the sbp 14" that i could get a wheel to use as a sprare wheel? or maybe a larger set of steel wheels that would work on my 70' dart custom? There isnt alot of parts car a-bodys in my area.

I have quite a few SBP 14 inch spare steel wheels for spares PM me

Some of the FWD stuff probably would fit. My friend ran small bolt rallye wheels on his Neon. The Neon (and a lot of FWD cars) used a 5x100mm bolt pattern. But a FWD wheel offset is different. Probably OK for a spare though as long as there is clearance.

Some of the FWD stuff probably would fit. My friend ran small bolt rallye wheels on his Neon. The Neon (and a lot of FWD cars) used a 5x100mm bolt pattern. But a FWD wheel offset is different. Probably OK for a spare though as long as there is clearance.
I wouldn't recommend using any FWD wheels on your car. In an emergency avoidance situation, they can cause a loss of control.

NO NO NO NO NO 5X4" = 5X101.6mm

The only reason a 5X100 and 5X4 interchange is because the 7/16 studs do not fill the hole in the rim. If you actually put the rim on the hub you will see that the studs are not centered in the bolt hole. This means that when you torque your wheel down the lug nuts will not center properly in the rim and will not hold torque the way they were designed to.

Plus you have to take into account the difference in hub diameter. With a rim not being tight on the hub the lug nuts/studs become more load bearing than intended. Your lug nuts as designed do not support the weight of the car. The hub register does, lug nuts just hold the wheel tight against the hub.

I have 2 sets of 13" sbp wheels and tires if your interested.

-
Back