Spark plug questions

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
Ok, may be a dumb thread, but what brand spark plugs are y'all using? Any champion fans?

Champions. I had problems with Autolites being too cold. Mopars were born with Champs and that's what needs to be used. tmm

J12YC in my 383.

Everything else I tried in the past did not work out.

Ok, just wondering. I have auto lites in my 340 and thinking about changing to champion. People cringe when I say the word champion but I know that's what mopars came with.
Anybody run NGK?

just put a set of rj9yc in a 10 to 1 360....just fired it up two hours ago

Nothing but NGK in all our cars and bikes here.
Just learned to trust them after decades.

I've run all three never noticed a difference. The NGKs appear to be better quality out of the box though.

Champion ....I figure if Ma mopar wanted me to run anything else they would have made the car with it.

so what plug should I use in a stock compression 360 with a 268 cam and action plus intake?

I ran Champions for years until I started having problems with the electrode wearing and causing misfires with less than 8000 miles. I went to Autolite and never looked back.

S/A Seabee post10.

FWIW Ive been running the exact same plugs for 10 years and 100,000 miles;champion Copper.I have carried a spare set for about 8 yrs, still in the their boxes.Right alongside the spare Orange box,spare ballast, spare CV regulator,the Holley jet kit,the dizzy kit, alternator belt, DOT5,etc.

I have auto lites in my 340 and thinking about changing to champion.

People cringe when I say the word champion but I know that's what mopars came with.

Anybody run NGK?

Just because a car that was stock came through the assembly line 50+ years ago with a champion plug that the company had a business contract with doesn't mean it's the best today. I have no issue with champion plugs. Get the right heat range, that's the key.

I run NGK's. They are currently used in everything from high performance engines to economy cars that will go 100+ thousand miles on a set of plugs. They work well for me. I can go 1-2 years on a set of plugs. I change them out of habit, not necessity.

I'm at 5500ft elevation and run the FR4, so that should be real close.

I'm currently using Bosch Platinum plugs in my Commando 273. I used Champion N12-YC for years in my small-block Mopars without a problem, but had heard some bad things about their quality these days. The Bosch plugs have been in for 3 years now with no problems, I just check the plug gap occasionally.

-
Back