Spark Plug Wire's Burning out

-

MR4V

Reaction score
Been having problems with spark wire's burning on the headers, I have tried a few differant ways including wire seperator, longer wire's, shorter wire's, zip tie's & differant boots & I have the same problem after 500 miles, they burn out on the headers.
Asked a few supplier's here in Oz about Mopar spark wire's with no luck.
Looking at high temp covers to solve the problem althorugh they look out of place, anyone have other surgestion?
Picture013.jpg

First who made the headers and second where are the wires getting burned at?

I just noticed but check out that INTAKE, NICE!!!

i use 45* boots on my number 5 and 7 plugs and my wires are right against the rocker cover and do not touch my header.

Use a different style boot instead of the straight one you're using. Like both Green and 73abodee stated, 45 or 90 will work

try these, worked for me. they attach to the valve cover bolts, just like a tree, they hang the plug wires up and over the headers. Thought another STR would help the visual...
CAR3.jpg

The boots and wire holders like pettybludart has is the way to go. You can usually find a roll of the boot stuff on eBag. Cut it to fit whatever length you need and I think I saw some of those type wire holders over there also.

Thanks I will crurize EBay USA & see if I acn get 45 or 90, pick up some wirer seperators.
Just something about fender well headers.

-
Back