spark plug wires.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Have look on line and cant find the part #for Taylor made or accell, 8mm what i need 6 straight and 2 90 degrees can someone help in my search please.working on a little 318.

Have look on line and cant find the part #for Taylor made or accell, 8mm what i need 6 straight and 2 90 degrees can someone help in my search please.working on a little 318.
What's the application other than a 318?

I see a Taylor set with 6 90° boots and 2 straight. You might have to search other applications to find something that what is called for.

Small block should be all straight right ?

You can make your own, just use the"right crimper, for plug wires", its not hard at all. You can customize the lenght of them all, that way. Get a universal set with just the spark plug boots on one end. You can get a crimper from Summit, Jegs, or Speedway, or Mancinni.
Dave

ok i have done my own wires myself before, i like it that way for sure but trying to find a set with 6 straight and 2 90degree is like pulling teeth,i have bought them that way, but its been 7 years,but all the parts store cant find them.

ok i have done my own wires myself before, i like it that way for sure but trying to find a set with 6 straight and 2 90degree is like pulling teeth,i have bought them that way, but its been 7 years,but all the parts store cant find them.
If the parts stores can't find them, then its time for plan 'B'!

Get on the interweb and order a set of Taylor's Universal plug wires from Summit or your favorite parts house.

Order a set that has the 180* (straight boot) and a separate set of 90* boots and make your own. Pretty simple eh?

When making your own wire sets, a little dielectric grease around the wire helps it slide through the boot as you're assembling. I use a small set of needle nose to pull it through if it gets stuck in a 90* boot.

When making your own wire sets, a little dielectric grease around the wire helps it slide through the boot as you're assembling. I use a small set of needle nose to pull it through if it gets stuck in a 90* boot.

Or , u could get MSD wires , they have about the lowest resistance of any made , (50 OHMS per foot) , and have adjustable boots on the spark plugs ends already on them, just have to do the ends for the distributor.
I have mine bent over 45* to 90* and less , thru out the set--------

Last edited:
Well many thanks to my BROS for all the help. I called CARQUEST and some ACCELL 4040 are on the way.Stay safe all.love yasssssssssssssssssssssss.

As we are talking about plug wires, I had a tool truck with headers that was a plug eating SOB. I tried a set of Accel Extreme 9000 wires and didn't have an issue after that. There are a spiral wound set with high temp boots that are really tough.

-
Back