Spark plugs & tubes

-

valiant1966

Reaction score
Just making sure I understand correctly. I think I read somewhere that I need to remove the little washers on the spark plugs before installing them on my 66 Valiant /6. Yes?
I believe it also said that it could cause big problems if you don't remove the washers. What kind of problems? Seems like it would just space the plug out of the optimum firing area.
Also, does anyone know where I could find some of these tubes? A couple of mine are looking a little ragged on the plug end. Thanks:dontknow:

Slant-6 tune-up parts and technique suggestions, including detailed info on spark plug washers (yes, you remove them; they are not used on '63-'74 slant-6 heads) can be found in this thread. The tubes are no longer as easy to find as they once were, but sets of them go by on eBay every now and then. As long as they aren't too badly distorted, they should be fine. Remember to use new plug tube seals.

This is a great bunch. Thanks all. I keep reading over all these threads and it gets to be information overload. I take a lot of it and "copy and paste" it in my documents for later references.

This is a great bunch. Thanks all. I keep reading over all these threads and it gets to be information overload. I take a lot of it and "copy and paste" it in my documents for later references.

Awesome!

I know the feeling, I forgot most of what I viewed over the years.

-
Back