spark plugs

-

dusdem

Reaction score
Hi, What is the best spark to use in a 318 1972 Plymouth Valiant. I have NGK in there now, I don't seem to be getting good gas mileage at all.

Last edited:
Hi, What is the best spark to use in a 318 1973 Plymouth Valiant. I have NGK in there now, I don't seem to be getting good gas mileage at all.
You might have the wrong heat range/number. I run Champions. It's what your car came with. I would run RN14YC's. Make sure your choke is pulling off fully, the engine is getting to operating temp, and that there are no vacuum leaks.

You might have the wrong heat range/number. I run Champions. It's what your car came with. I would run RN14YC's. Make sure your choke is pulling off fully, the engine is getting to operating temp, and that there are no vacuum leaks.
THANKS !!!!!!

I like the NGK U-Grooves. Just get the same heat range as the 14's. if your getting lower mileage something else is wrong.

Always fun to make that suggestion. And then watch the posts just roll in. My real answer is Copper core Champion spark plugs.

Just as a disclaimer, watch the non Champion plug applications. You may look them up for your car and get one number and convert a Champ number over and get a different number. Which is correct? I had that issue with Autolites in my 273. Wrong heat range when I converted. I went back to Champs and never looked back.

Champ now calls the RN14YC a #405. Guess they wanted to save money on print ink on the boxes..

-
Back