Spayed cats! Thank you YY1!

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
YY1 insisted on sending money to get our two female cats spayed. That was very kind and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Since cats are incestual (EWWWW!!!) by nature, we might have had a litter of retard cats if we weren't careful and we didn't have the extra money right now, so YY1 helped us out.

Here they are fresh from the vet and still about knocked out. He's a real old time country vet and you don't get all the bells and whistles like recovery time and such and his prices reflect that. You just get back a half alive cat. lol They'll come around in a few hours and be fine though. That's Holley the mama cat and daughter Moe.

Attachments

• cats and stuff 007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 159
That's awesome Rob.....Holley & Moe will be much better off now. Our female cats always had to spend the night @ the Vet when they got fixed. I hated that part :protest:

Very cool of YY1 :thumbup:

Aw shucks.

You're very welcome.

At least that's one less thing to worry about.

I'm sure somewhere between 3 and 9 new kittens would be the last thing you need right now.

Pardon me while I rant, and I'm sure some of you have heard it before-

Cats get such a raw deal. Dogs too, but the ratio is about 2.5:1.

The way I see it, it's at least partially if not totally our fault the the situation is as bad as it is.

It's so bad around here SPCA went from almost $100 to $50, then $35, then $15, and now it's free if you can prove WIC, SS or free/reduced lunch. Still only $15 if you can't.

17,000 animals (12,000 cats) put down in our county the last year I have figures for, and that's just the pound.

That's INSANE for one county in one year.

Disease and attacks account for a very small percentage of that number. By far, the majority are "owner surrendered pets, or stray/feral pickups". There's an entire department that does nothing but gas strays and surrendered pets 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

I don't talk much about "God", but this certainly can't be as God intended.

Pardon me again, as I climb down from the soapbox.

Now let's talk about cars.

(hmm, cats is only one letter different.....)

well This is a good thing to see when i log in ! Way to go both of yall sorry i didnt see this the other day .

Hey RRR, thanks for asking.

Vincent is doing just fine.

He's actually turned into quite the lap cat and prefers to stay inside 90% of the time!

He taught himself how to use the litter box, after I scolded him once for crapping on the floor.

He's still very unfamiliar with cat toys, though. It's kinda funny.

The only issue is that he's kind of a bully to the other cats, and as a result they are spending more time outside.

Simon, the largest, but one of the youngest doesn't give a **** and ignores him, and Mr White, Simon's brother Tolerates him about 70%. Two more are 50-50, and the last two are about 70% on the hissing and chasing side.

I do see some slow progress, and time will tell.

Vincent is awfully sweet to humans, though, but still scared of sudden movements.

...oh, he also knows his name now and will come when called!

He is a very fast learner, and surprisingly smart IMO, so there's hope for all to get along.

Vincent. Yeah. Tell him I'm sorry.....but I knew it was a distinctive name with lots of character. lol That's great. Sounds like he's makin hisself fit right in. lol Tell him we're pullin for him.

As requested- Vincent, all fat and happy.

Last night he slept on his back- which is a sign of a VERY comfortable cat.

Attachments

• IMG_20130714_104303.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 69
-
Back