Speaker Fader Switch Location

-

69'Barracuda

Reaction score
Hey all, gonna be installing rear speakers in my 69 fastback, and got a speaker fader switch, wondering if anyone has pics or knowledge of where they were installed in the dash. Thanks!

I think it was just to the right of the map switch. Going off memory and that would be for 70+, not sure if 69 was the same. Check and see if they dimpled the dash frame.

Not that it's correct for your '69, but in my '75 Swinger it's below the radio, about 3" to the left of the ashtray. I'll get a pic for you when I can...

Okay, a couple of pics- remember, this is a '75, so it may not be correct for you, but like you say, it's a start. Hopefully someone will chime in with a confirmation or a correction for your '69.
DSC00389.JPG
DSC00390.JPG

Bottom picture has the end of the tape measure on center of the switch, despite appearances.

Okay, a couple of pics- remember, this is a '75, so it may not be correct for you, but like you say, it's a start. Hopefully someone will chime in with a confirmation or a correction for your '69.
View attachment 1715552218 View attachment 1715552219
Bottom picture has the end of the tape measure on center of the switch, despite appearances.
Cool, appreciate it. Also thought about it today and may stick the cigarette lighter in the ash tray slot and then the hole for the lighter in the dash bezel, put the fader there since it’s next to the radio too. Also a 69 owner got with me and said his was in the ash tray slot, so reverse of what i was going to do.

-
Back