Speaking of 2 post, 4 post, hoists in general

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
You all know I like to "find" stuff. Came across this. Worth a look

http://garage.grumpysperformance.com/index.php?threads/a-car-lift-in-your-shop.98/

people-really-are-stupid-43.jpg

pont1xc.jpg

Click on this, posted over at the garage

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/13/6734a9c0a31e5320479f59b072d13d6e.jpg

Ask yourself, really, "would I" get under this? Not me

100-1632.jpg

Wood is strong . I used to use 5and 10 ton electric portable lifts , they were used to move forms on buildings going up .They were great in the garage , wish I kept a few before I closed shop

While the idea of using wood to build a structure to hold a car seems a little hokey, at least with a tilter you're not underneath it.

The idea of being under a car on a lift that's not fastened down, as some of these 4 post lift companys promote, I think is crazy and scary, and I could easily envision results like what one of your posted pictures shows.

I would never use a lift that is not secured to the floor for the reason you see in the pic.

I would never use a lift that is not secured to the floor for the reason you see in the pic.

"Secured to the floor" does not necessarily mean "safe," either. Some of these have pulled OUT of the floor, and in case of some of the more flimsy imports, were never really designed safely to start with.

And, "just a little" earthquake might be all it takes............

Thats why I spent the money on a 10K Forward 2 post and made sure the floor was thick enough to support it.

I saw a metal version of post #9A on craigslist a few month ago.

Had never seen one before.

Had a brand name but don't remember.

waiting on a Bendpak XPR-10A to arrive, starting on the Demon as soon as it's installed and tested using a chevy lolZZZ. i spent the extra $ and got the name brand lift because i will feel more comfortable standing under it for those ^^^ reasons.

Several Bendpak models are NOT required to be bolted to the floor. Lift comes with castors so a vehicle can be moved while on the lift when lowered to within inches of the ground.

-
Back